Your favourite car this year

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Of all the new releases, special editions and new cars available which one is your firm favourite for 2010?

AMG SLS for me, stunning looking car but not to all tastes, it's that V8 noise and those doors it makes me go all funny inside :lol:

Because I've just seen photos of the Skoda and it is very pretty. If I was in the market for a brand new estate car I'd have to give it some serious consideration. Ford's contender is still strong, however.

And I have not driven the Skoda so I'm basing this purely upon aesthetics.

I'm going to revise my response and instead go for the Skoda Superb Estate.

I saw one of these (Silver) on display in London, Didn't know what it was until I got very near, but it was a very good looking car. A friend I was with at the time told me they took it to the financial district and asked the bankers what they thought it was (badges removed) Most thought it was a german prestige brand

For me, it is 2 cars I have seen in the last couple of weeks. The BMW 135 Coupe and the Citroen DS3 and one I saw earlier last year the Citroen C5 Estate

I saw one of these (Silver) on display in London, Didn't know what it was until I got very near, but it was a very good looking car. A friend I was with at the time told me they took it to the financial district and asked the bankers what they thought it was (badges removed) Most thought it was a german prestige brand

Really?? high praise indeed :)

This is a better picture:

I don't like the front grille - looks like something from a Daewoo or Chevrolet.

The rest, though, is sublime.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2

I'm sure this was said on Top Gear by Mr Clarkson.;)

I hope skoda run out of money soon. Ok, everyone know I don't like them, but the reason why I dont like them is not because they make terrible cars. Its because everyone raves about them, and everyone ties to tell me they are just like a VW/Audi.

And to me, any car trying to be something els, just isn't worth it for me. No one will ever say ''this is a good car, its just like a skoda'' will they?

I'm lost now. VAG bought Skoda in 1996 and turned it into a viable maker of quality cars.

Im sorry HDI but I do not buy your last quote. Quality.

Have you ever heard a 6+ yo skoda? Every single one I have sound terrible.

Have you ever heard a 20+ yo Audi? Sounds as good as it did when it came out of the shop

I can answer yes to both questions. I have not, however, noticed the difference.

They use the same engines anyway so I can't see how this would be the case.

I can answer yes to both questions. I have not, however, noticed the difference.

They use the same engines anyway so I can't see how this would be the case.

Its just my opiniun. I have yet to hear a good sounding Skoda over the age of 5 years. The petrols sound like deisals and the deisals sound like tractors.

*Disclamer* I do not dislike skoda's, that is not what I am saying, I just dont buy into the whole ''they are the next best thing'' I think they are cheep half decent cars that have a good reason to be on the market. I just don't think they should be compared with Audi's, VW's BMW's or Mercs. They should fall into the Ford, Vaxhaull, Pug's and Toyota arguments. Just because they are made buy another company does not mean that you can add that car into that catagory.

Its like me saying a Fiat is basicaly a Ferrari. It just isn't, even tho they are owned by the same company.

Buuuuut Fiats don't use Ferrari switchgear and the like, Skoda's share many parts with the newer Audis. And they use the same engines so you're going cuckoo if you think they sound any different to Audis lol.

Each to their own. I've been quite happy with the Skodas and Seats I've driven here and there.

As every year goes by cars get harder to differentiate from each other. It's heading towards choose you badge time really.

There are very few brand new cars now which are truly deserving of the word 'bad'.