Your driving position

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your driving position like?

As a lad I had the seat at a 45 degree angle and pulled the steering wheel out as far and as low as I could get it.

Now I go for a fairly upright position with my arms at a comfortable L shape in line with the bottom part of the wheel. Move my seat just an inch and it feels really strange! Am I set in my ways?

Obi when you were young and stupid ( me too.V( ) you didn't know how dangerous your seating position was as you thought it was cool BUT in a crash you would have been injured by the 3 point harness shoulder sash trying to remove your head as the rest of your body submarined under the lap belt and the drivers air bag if your car had one would have been useless/ineffective.

Fortunately for us you survived and got some smarts and now appear to have the correct position behind the wheel.|B

It's ones muscle memory that makes us all uncomfortable when the seat is not in ones "normal" position and it takes determination and a strong will if one is to assume the correct/best practice posture behind the wheel if you drive in any other position.

Fortunately for us you survived and got some smarts |B

:confused: I will have to wait for the lab report to come in first before I can agree with that statement Rad!

I worry about Obi as he seems to be like me - getting dafter by the minute as age passes by :lol:

You gotta love a crack pot eccentric :rofl:

I am very fussy. I notice if the seat is only fractionally out and whenever I take it to a garage it takes me ages to get the seat back in the right position. I'm sure they move all of the seat options just to wind me up after I complained last time!

Obi I forgot to say when you were young you acted like a tosser behind the wheel but fortunately you grew up and out of it.:lol:

PS did you also wear your cap backwards/sideways as well :rofl:

Last edited:
I am very fussy. I notice if the seat is only fractionally out and whenever I take it to a garage it takes me ages to get the seat back in the right position. I'm sure they move all of the seat options just to wind me up after I complained last time!

That is a clear demonstration of ones "muscle memory" I mentioned in my post.|B :)

Right hand side of the car, front seat. I miss the fully electric seats I had in the Peugeot. Unlike many others here, I like to adjust my seating position periodically. We do actually change shape during the day.

I'm well into my senior years and HI is still waiting for me to "grow up" but I say that means that I will also have to grow old.:( :lol: