Your car of choice in games

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you are playing a driving game is there a car of choice that you keep coming back to?

Do you try to choose your own make/model if possible and compare it to the real thing?

How realistic is the handling and performance of your car in computer driving simulations and games.

I think my Evo 6 on Forza is 0-60mph in 2.8 but can't quite remember. I always end up having loads of cars anyway but always seem to favour making mental little hatches.

I had an FTO in Gran Turismo I with about 1000bhp. Totally undriveable. And one of those little A-Spec Mazda Demios you keep getting for winning a small series of races got stoved up to about 450bhp. That, too, was useless.

my fave is the AE86 but in Forza 3 i got n E36aVW GTI Rabbit with top speed of about 230mph, a VW Rabbit GTI, 0-60 3.4, but what are the best specs for the Supra? on NFS Prostreet i had one for the Drag race it had over 1000bhp, and it just used to wheelie and lift, so u couldnt steer it, same with my Porsche GT over 1500bhp, and useless. :p

I guess if we all had unlimited money to spend on our cars we'd end up making them undrivable!

GranTurismo is good, with the right suspension and drivetrain bias you can often reign in that power and make it usable.

My fave car ever was a NISMO Skyline which I setup for in game drifting. Awesome fun, lots of power and great fun.

Am playing Colin McCrae Dirt 2. Am on the harder setting trying to complete everything in an Evo 9. (They didn't have an Evo 8 :sad2:)

Having played the game before, it is a little biest towards the STI WRX (AS that was Colin's motor of choice) so it is starting to get a little hard as I am now going up the stages.

my fave is the AE86 but in Forza 3 i got n E36aVW GTI Rabbit with top speed of about 230mph, a VW Rabbit GTI, 0-60 3.4, but what are the best specs for the Supra? on NFS Prostreet i had one for the Drag race it had over 1000bhp, and it just used to wheelie and lift, so u couldnt steer it, same with my Porsche GT over 1500bhp, and useless. :p

Ah ProStreet. To stop the wheelies is surprisingly simple.

Fit all L3 or L4 parts as normal, then tune the car. Now go and change the suspension to L2 or lower but do *not* re-enter the tuning screen. Hey presto, no more wheelies.

Best car for drag in ProStreet is a well tuned Camaro, can do a 1/4 mile in under 5.25s.

I must admit to having a preference for classic American muscle of the 60s/70s where possible. Must be something to do with all those episodes of Dukes of Hazzard as a kid.

My favourite is normally little hot hatches and make them as fast as possible and anything that i can drift. Not played a proper driving game in a while but that will change as soon as i get my hands on GT5.... the collectors edition too :)