Your car mats

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What car mats do you have in your car?

I went for the fitted Audi ones this time round as I've just not been impressed with the fit of aftermarket ones, even those claiming to be tailored.

Still got the original skyline ones still in good condition,although in the past have used after market ones,seemed to fit the cars i put them in!.

Just commissioned a custom set last week for the Beast and they arrived yesterday ;)

NewAbbottscarmats.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

I've got some blue cheapo ones, but the drivers one does my headin - don't like it at all, so getting some tailored ones soon

im a bit worried i might be turrning into a chav:confused:
ive got aftermarket mats, with 1800VVC embossed down one side.
but in my defence, being an ex track car it never had mats in it before.

Car carpet must be matched with the interior as well as exterior of your car. Those must be removable that able to clean those. Most probably black carpets are preferred to have.

Car carpet must be matched with the interior as well as exterior of your car. Those must be removable that able to clean those. Most probably black carpets are preferred to have.

Black carpets are a nightmare to keep clean, they show up even the slightest dirt/dust. I have black carpets but dark grey car mats, these are much more forgiving especially if you take a pride in your cars interior. ;)

I just put two new grey mats in the Audi S4. But Audi don't do the logo on the mat anymore :( As with you, I find the grey looks so much better and doesn't show the dust as much as the black and they go well, as i have Black and Grey interior :)

Last edited:
I got a set from amazon black and blue . keep an eye out there if you wishing to get a pair ill take a picture of mine when they arrive. only if money's tight that is anyway.
matts look smart . nice one!

Black carpets are a nightmare to keep clean, they show up even the slightest dirt/dust. I have black carpets but dark grey car mats, these are much more forgiving especially if you take a pride in your cars interior. ;)

Pfft quick hoover and a clean with the vax when there bad and jobs done

Pfft quick hoover and a clean with the vax when there bad and jobs done

:lol: Not where I currently live PG, turn your back for just a second and they'll have your hoover, the vax, and the mains lead extension as well :sad2:

The Discovery has the bespoke LR rubber set, ideal for keeping it clean and dry when walking the dogs and driving in muddy wellies! Perfect fit and always looks good.

The MG doesn't have any, doesn't even have a carpet! :toung:

@ TN, it was just over £80 for a four mat set. Not had the final bill in yet as the company is sending the final invoice to my accountant. They are not rushed at all as I'm such a good customer :amuse:

The plastic will crack, they are too ridgid. Some carwash places have a clip to hang the mat on the wall and spray it with the high power washer. Otherwise, you could spray them with a hose, or put them in the bathtub and give them a good scrub with a brush. Maybe even let them soak overnight. Give them a good shaking first to get all the loose dirt out first. Good Luck!