Your best ebay bargain

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the best bargain car or car part you got from ebay?

Is the cheap stuff always cheap and nasty?

set of calipers. around £70 cheaper than they normally sell for on UK ebay. shame about the £40 vat i had to pay custom so wasnt as cheap as i would have liked

bought a S13 dash/clocks for £5 n sold it for £112 lol

last bargain for my car was roof lights rrp £300 got them for £36 + £20 petrol to pick them up :)

I have managed to sell all of my surplus car parts collected over years on eBay and cleared over £17k. Without eBay a lot of this would have been dumped.

You can sell almost anything and, if prepared to wait, buy anything.

Bought my DASH 2 gauge from eBay. Unused and £200 less than retail.

Best recent buy was the innner windscreen trim for my Elan. They were new and cost me £140, around £40 cheaper than I could find anywhere else. However, they came with a pair of eyeball vents that I dodn't need. Sold these on eBay to a guy in the States for £90.

Treat eBay like any other on line shop and you won't go far wrong. The safeguards they have in place are better than most other online businesses.

I only buy using PayPal and anything expensive I only buy with cash from where I am prepared to drive to.

eBay is like Sky Plus. Don't know how I lived without them :)

Last edited:
agree there o/g dont know how you live with out these things now

and with out ebay alot of stuff would be in the bin

think best 2 buys off ebay have to be my last 2 cars my little jeep and my trans am both so much fun and cheap

Non car eBay bargain:

1983 Technics SU-V4X integrated hi-fi amp. One of the sweetest sounding bi-polar designs ever made, with stacks and stacks of headroom and a truly transparent, musical quality about it.

Price £38 inc. delivery! They're heavy items, 16-17kg so a real bargain for ME and I love it.

Bought this in June 2004 - it's 1983 new list price would have been well over £500. What I want now is another one so that if this one ever fails then I've got a replacement waiting in the wings.