Your best DIY car mod

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
What is the best modification you have done yourself to your car? How long did it take to do?

carputer or subbox
carputer took around 3 months from start to finish most of the time was on fabing the screen into a spare radiocage and making sure that it was running stable before it went in the car
subbox took about a month mainly because i got board after a while

engine wise probably smoothing out the airbox. took around an hour

Would have to be my suspension. Bilstein shocks and springs... McPherson at the front and fully independent at the rear. Took me 20 hours over the course of one weekend. I was broken afterwards!

ive got a few little things i like cause i did it and have never seen another car with it/like it!
for example the larger intake i made from extractor fan ducting 2"x4" i made it so it used the original mount, sat flush with the airbox, moved the battery tray over 10mm so i could still fit the battery cover on and sprayed it matt black so it looked oem.
DSC00182.jpg
DSC00182.jpg

then for the second air intake i cut the hole in the bumper (thankfully seat had left the outline so it matched the other side) made a fiberglass air scoop
DSC00190.jpg

i dont seem to have a finished pic but this is before i relocated the air temp sensor to dangling behind the bumper:amuse: and sprayed it in matt
and a pic behind the bumper
DSC00191.jpg

my smoothed fog light covers i dont have a pic of them on the car:confused: i used fiberglass resin and cotton to get the desired shape then p38 to get them smooth then yet again sprayed matt to look oem

dont know what the best one is

made a car pc in the lexus then had to find all the speakers and amps ect for the sound system as no makes leads of it as the sounds are great as it is so never need to put a aftermarket system in

but once i had all teh wire wired in the pc into a aftermarket unit in the glove box nad then into the screen in the dash

the yanks i have had never done anything but clean them up

landrover have lifted it 2in light bar on the roof with 4 spots and cb

I cut the roof off a morris marina with a can opener, some years later i saw it in abingdon still the same driving around.