Your areas of interest/expertise

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would you say are your areas of interest or expertise when it comes to all things automotive?

It would be handy to know which models, engines we each favour and know about.

Personally I don't know much about cars especially when compared to most of our regular members on here. I know nowhere near as much as I'd like to know and the more I learn the more I realise I'm only scratching the surface.

I'm quite into Audi engines and the current VAG range of engines as I spend a lot of time researching and thinking about these. I'd like to get into Honda engines soon and start to build an understanding of these and where the weak spots are and what tuning mods work best on them.

Modern cars are too complicated for me. Pre 1985 I can cope with, just, but modern electronics are a complete mystery to me.

Carbs I understand and can fix and tune. I know how EFI works but not how to maintain or fix.

Home maintenance still interests me even though I have less time to do it than I used to. Not complex electronics but the mechanical side, servicing, brakes, that kind of thing. I like to think I've saved paying labour for something that's technically quite easy.

I have in years past removed/replaced turbos, rebuilt motors,replaced clutches,brake pads along with many minor maintenance works.
I have a comprehensive workshop with garage jacks,ramps ,stands,tension wrench,rattle guns, compression tester,multi-meter,battery charger,air compressor and more than enough tools to do a major overhaul

Computers and electronics are all black magic and voodoo to me..V(:lol:

Last edited: