your 1st Fuel injected car

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
Re: How to use a choke

My god I have had so many cars with a manual choke. Not all behaved as they should, the last one being the Mini 25 I had 2 years ago!

I suppose the question to ask is-what was your first fuel injection engined car?

A tough one to remember that far back! :lol: I think mine was a Vauxhall Carlton 2.2CDi on a B plate. I never had any classics like the Triumph Pi etc, most of classics were of the carb and twin carb variety.

Mine would be my civic, what a difference coming from a underpowered carb

mines have been split half and half, not suprising as ive only had 4 cars.
97 fiesta - single carb
90 prelude - twin carb

98 civic - injected
03bora - injected

Mine was a V-reg 1979 Golf GTi bought five years old, with 40,000 on the clock. Probably the most reliable car I ever had over the next 60,000 miles, as it only needed wear'n'tear maintenance.

The Bosch Jetronic-K injection was actually quite easy to understand and maintain - there wasn't really anything 'tronic' about it despite the name.

I agree the Bosch systems were easy to service and fault find, has the same set-up on the Audi 5 cylinder engine. A friend of mine had a 2.2i Coupe, had enough of it's poor running and swapped it for my 2.2T 200 which he kept pestering me for. I replaced the metering unit and cleaned the injectors and had one perfect running Coupe :D

*edit*
just realised after looking at my car list the oldest injected car I had was also a '79 model, an Audi 100CD, how did I miss that one!