You know it's cold outside when....

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Who needs a little indicator on the dashboard to warn then when it is cold and there is a danger of ICE. There are lots of other little signs out there to tell you it's cold.

You know it's cold outside when.... (complete the sentence!)

... your hand freezes to the steering wheel.

I detest the ear-piercing bong my car makes when it reaches 4.0 degrees outside. I dont need it, I am not dead from the neck up so I have already noticed the cold.

All these warning systems do is make stupid people even stupider. Don't need to remember your seatbelt, your car will tell you. Dont need to remember to switch off your lights, your car will tell you. Hell, these days you don't even need to remember to stay in one lane, your car will tell you. No wonder people crash at the slightest provocation, they've lost the ability to think for themselves.

Your door makes that cracking sound when opening.

I'm always scared to pull the door handle off when the door is iced solid! :blink:

My car has no cold warning items. At least, if it does have any one the dash, I aint seen them yet. And there have been a few icy days up here! :D

I am looking forward to using my Snow setting tho. I have three settings. Road, Gravel and Snow.

Impressive, you have a switch that makes it snow! Mistubishi think of everything.

Yeah, does your car not have that! lol ;)

The Evo is an Eco Car. It makes snow to cool the planet after I have heated it up 10 degrees after burning rubber and red line in her around a track!

You're all talking about starting off in icy conditions and as such you are all missing the point.

If you are undertaking a long run (say over 300 miles) in the winter it is possible for the outside temperature to drop dramatically as day progresses to evening and you encounter different geographical and climatic conditions. You could start off at 2pm with the temp outside being 5 or 6 celcius. Modern cars are so isolated from the outside world that it is possible to remain aloof and blissfully unaware of the change in ambient temperature.

Of course, we can all work out that temperature will generally drop as night falls and that elevated roads will probably be colder than those at sea level.

But the advisory dashboard warnings that denote low ambient temperatures cannot be a bad thing, can they?

Personally I don't such assistance. But the berk coming towards me on the other side of an open bend in rural Gloucestershire might benefit greatly. And if that stops one collision then what is there to lose? It's not as if the 3 degrees C and lower warnings are automatically hauling your car down to 5mph!!!

the brass monkeys are out looking for their cannonballs.

your key won't go in the car door lock & once you win the door handle snaps & smacks you in the unmentionables when trying to heave the door open.

you open your front door & your met by a wall of snow.

there's a glacier where you left the car.

there's penguins in the bird bath & a polar bear in your glove box.

it's the day after tomorrow the morning after the night before. :amuse:

Last edited:

the first thing you do when you wake up is close the bedroom window

you get up and are desperate for a wee but you get dressed before going to the toilet

you look out the window and see your car frozen over

you are in the pub and there is a que for having a cigarette

So how have you been folks?.......

Here's A few:

10 TOP WAYS YOU KNOW ITS COLD OUTSIDE!

10. When you lay your pillow in your walk in freezer to get a good nIght’s sleep.

9. When your dog refuse to step out of the house for his evening exercise till you have the car heater running.

8. When your boss decides to give the opportunity to practice running the whole office for the day.

7. When you turn the ignition and expect the purring of your engine, all you hear is a chuckle and an ominous voice saying,” No way, Jose!”

6. When you see the Eskimos flying south.

5. When you spend the better part of an hour, taking off the glazed ice on your car, just as you finish you find that it was your neighbor's car.

4. When the TV evangelists offer to televise your last rights and even offer a refund in case you come back in the evening and find yourself alive.

3. When you wife sends you to her ladies club, to gossip for her.

2. When the snowman from your yard walks in for a coffee break

1. When the local firemen respond to a call with marsh-mellows and a bottle of rum.

You know its cold when...

......your walking to work because you know your never gona be able to drive up that frosty hill no matter how many times you try.

.....you know you should have bought an anchor this year instead of those new brake pads because there not worth a Jack in the snow!

Last edited by a moderator:
The hairs in your nose freeze [-15] and your moustache freezes. You know when the temperature has risen because it all melts and the snotty lot of it runs into your mouth. :lol::lol:

.... When Satan overtakes you on ice skates on his way to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
When your inside the car with the heater on and the missus scraping the ice of the windscreen outside starts to complain :lol: