YO

Hachi Roku

Wrench Pro
hey all im Hachi Roku, im from manchester. im 16 now but 17 on friday so im starting lessons :shock: , i saw a '94 polo 1.4 the other day for 1500 quid so i might get that. in the future i hope to get a vr6 engine transplant for that polo :D , also my dream would be to own a sub 10 second 'Liner and smoke down japaneese motorways in it.

Would it cost major cash for sub 10 secs?
how much BHP do you think id be looking at?

cheers Hachi Roku (86)

Hi HachiRoku, Welcome to torquecars and good luck with the driving. A 10 second car is a very elite area to get into. Depending on the weight of the car, the gear ratio's, the drag co efficient and which way the wind is blowing you'll need to be putting about 750bhp onto the blacktop.

Would 750bhp require major head work?
also would i need a stroker kit to strengthen the internals to run more boost, fuel and ignition advance?

also what cars are you into?

(Puts on flameproof suit :p )
i like my jap cars, but im into the older stuff like r32 liners and celica GT- Fours.
sorry to say i dont like american cars, I dont see why you need 9 litres to pop out 250bhp, all i need is 1.4 and a hybrid blower :wink:

It would need major everything work. Big engined NASP cars are great to drive as the torque and power is delivered steadily through the rev range - turbos are nearly always laggy and the power comes in at the top end. My Rover 220 Gti out dragged a Audi S6 on a 300 ft strip - the s6 turbo didn't even cut it till near the end.

That's why some people prefer big engined NASPS - Turbos can be more fun due to the kick in the back nature of the power delivery.

I like most JAP cars, Drifting but own an Audi 1.8T sport (turbo) which is a good compromise car for performance and a daily hack. I've owned Rovers, Renault, Vauxhalls etc...

yeah i get you, i like my VAG cars too, especially mk1 golf gti's :D theres still some good examples out there with the OE red trim round the front grille if you look hard enough.

MK1 Gti's seem to get better with age the engines loosen up and power seems more! It's wierd - I drove one the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. They handle really nicely too although this one had been lowered.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back