Yet Another Corsa Problem..

jon121

Tuner
Car
corsa c 12v
hey guys, iv had my corsa for about 5months now and i only drive provisionally but iv racked up nearly 4000 miles from doing a nearly 80mile round trip to work and back everyday.

Just tonight i have experienced a problem with the power steering. i was practicing some 3 point turns in a quiet side road (so alot of heavy steering involved) and did 2 with no problems. When i tried for a third time the steering seemed to go very stiff. As soon as i set off again with speed it seems to loosen up again. A friend just suggested maybe fluid? but im under the impression there controlled electroniclly. Anyone had any similar problems? any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

It could well be fluid, or the power steering pump playing up which is more likely as it cleared up again after a bit. These intermittant issues can be a pain to track down.

Thanks for the reply, the problem seems to of gone for now but no doubt it will come back. It's the 1L 2001 version. Also does anyone know how much it costs at a pannel beaters to get a dent in the boot beaten out? cheers