Yaris SR 1.4 Sr

YarisSrd4d

Car
Yaris MK2 SR 1.4 D4
Hi all,

New here needed some advice/guidance.

Bought a 2008 Yaris SR 1.4 D4D about 8 months ago, nice standard suspension set up, sits lower handling then the normal Yaris, nice Motorsport alloys spoiler etc, Tom Tom version as well, it was pokey but I wanted more power.

After months of research i decided to get more power, so went to a tuning company, managed to get an increase in bhp & torque getting the car from 90bhp to 120 bhp, and it is now running 250nm torque.

Amazing difference, esp for a car so light it literally flies when you put your foot down I can really feel the difference, puts a smile on your face and can easily take golfs, a3's, focus, even the new a class. (The look on their faces is priceless.

Being the guy I am I am seeking more power .

I had to get my clutch changed as it started slipping in 3rd & 4th however I believe that was normal wear and tear. (Only issue I encountered)

The garage I got the map done from stated he can do a stage 2, with a dpf removal making it push 150bhp. Really contemplating doing it..

Anyone had SR 1.4 D4D tuned passed this stage or had the dpf removed etc?

Is there a nice exhaust set up or decat option?

Any thoughts?

Please as much info or personal experience with how tuneable these are I can please.

I heard that adding a Jetex performance air filter can help improve the performance.

DPF removal in the UK is a problem - you'll never pass an MOT and can get picked up in roadside tests. The DPF does not sap performance by that much, if it is clean and in good condition. (BG fuel cleaner is your friend here...)

Clutch and suspension would be my recommendations. Upping the fuel injectors and a turbo upgrade are the way to go for more power but you'll run into £1000's to do this and only get another 50-75bhp or so.