Yaris Pocket Rocket project

wilsk6

Car
Yaris 1.0
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help a newbie?? Just picked up a blown 1.0L 06 plate Yaris (Timing chain failed so scrap) from my Niece. Body work is kinda ok but I've decided to do a project with it. I have no idea where to start. So 1 thing at a time, I need to plan therefore does anyone have any suggestions as to which engine has the best potential for extracting the most power out of it? Can someone point me to some nice internet suppliers to get brakes, suspension, interior & body bits? I'll give the paintwork a little attention whilst the engine is being sourced and done. Not even thought about budget I guess just get the wallet open and the car will bankrupt me!!

I have not touched a car since I was 25 and that was a Mini 1275 GT Clubman ported and flowed and bored to 1340, lightened & balanced fully fledged piston slapping pocket rocket. I'm now 48 and in need of a project and mini's are daft prices so this seems ideal. Company cars eh take all the fun away!!

Alan

Been doing a bit of reading and I see that 20V 4AGE is a good option, never thought of the Auris though. Deffo the 1.0L has to go so let the search begin for the engine.