y or no for eclipse?

Torque Junkie
Car
golf 1.9 TDI 120 hp
I found mitcu eclipse(not sure for the year exactly but it 94-95-96)model for 500 euros!!!!!but its water pump failed and the valves are broken...but my uncle is a mechanic(he lives next to me and has a car shop)said hell work it all out for me if i buy it...now i ask my self is it worth investing money in it...its 130 hp model,so not a lot of power,and im mu country u could count on tour fingers how many japan sport cars are here :((,so it would be dificult to find parts,dont to mention body cits,so i would probably need to import it from other countries....
any advice would be great,and i want as much info as i can get before i decide,if any1 knows tipical problems on it or specific tunning tips.... and with engines would fit if i went for engine swap?
it has always been my dream to own a japan sport car,hope ill manage do do smt with this one...:D
thanks in advance

Give me more info on the engine, what c.c. is it, and what engine code does it have and i'll tell you where to find bits for it [i hope anyway].