XU7 8v Turbo ? !

7thking

Wrench Pro
Car
Mazda 323 1.6 ZM-DE
Dear Friends
i wanna know if i can turbo charge my xu7jpl3 8valve engine ?
would u please help me about it ?

Last edited:
We get asked this question a lot so have a look at this thread which covers the basics. I have to admire your ambition though!:D And I hope you pull it off.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/
Cheap turbos can be purchased from breakers yards which are ideal for a try it and see type project.:bigsmile:

Please note that I don't think it is worth adding a turbo to an old car with a small capacity engine. There is nothing stopping you but the money and hassle will just not be worth the power gain you get. It is better to just buy a better car for your tuning project.:confused:

Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine. Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type. This is not the sort of modification unless you are mechanically competent.

It is worth looking at superchargers as these are easier to install than a turbo is.

What engine size is it? is it a 1.8 by any chance?

Speak to DP Engineering, the speicalise in turbo conversion for PSA engines,

A TD04L-13T off a Subaru Impreza WRX should be a nice size turbo for you mate but it's not direct fit.