WTH!!!??? Insurance Group Change

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
What the hell has just happened? I have just been checking insurnce for a project and it came up as group 29! So I checked my Evo and that is group 44!!

Why have they changed all this. Parkers says that if your group has more than doubled your prices will increase and if it has gone less than double then they will drop.

Mine is 4 more than doubled!

Was there any real need? Is this just another way of insurance companies raping us for more money??

:( I was quite chuffed knowing my car was the top dog when it came to insureance. Now I am 6 pints off the top!! Bet mine goes up. Them Bar Stewards will do anything to rip me off.

Insurance is getting to be joke, even the my standard MG was getting silly quotes.

I think it'll continue to get worserer, at this rate we'll all be driving pedal cars! :lol:

They have always been changing car groups on insurance, it used to be just 0-9 and they used to add terms A-F (things like +25% for under 25's, alarm & cat 1 immobiliser required)

With increased competition the insurers need to give precise quotes to members of the public to compete, if they get their sums wrong they end up paying out major money in claims.

IMO Insurance should be nationlised and the profit and fat cat salaries taken out of the equation. Most insurers make a healthy profit and they often do this by dodging claims where they can or reducing payouts for total losses.

Check your bottom line premium rather than any group. Most premiums have gone up 20% this last year and the VAT increase will push up the repair costs so expect to pay even more at your next renewal.

They have always been changing car groups on insurance, it used to be just 0-9 and they used to add terms A-F (things like +25% for under 25's, alarm & cat 1 immobiliser required)

With increased competition the insurers need to give precise quotes to members of the public to compete, if they get their sums wrong they end up paying out major money in claims.

IMO Insurance should be nationlised and the profit and fat cat salaries taken out of the equation. Most insurers make a healthy profit and they often do this by dodging claims where they can or reducing payouts for total losses.

Check your bottom line premium rather than any group. Most premiums have gone up 20% this last year and the VAT increase will push up the repair costs so expect to pay even more at your next renewal.

Your just the bringer of good news arn't you waynne! :D lol.