Torque Cars

wrx help

Discussion in 'Impreza' started by RFA9000, 9 June 2012.

1. RFA9000

RFA9000 Full member

southampton
    Car:
    mitsubishi gsr
    my 1995 wrx import is blowing it's coolant water out when boosting, it has just had new head gaskets fitted as i though this would stop it ,dose any one have any idears ???

2. mauricebharvey

mauricebharvey Newbie

New Zealand
    Car:
    1993 Subaru Impreza
    wow its 5 years later and no one else has answered this ....the subaru engine is made of crappy aluminum and over time the bore liners move inside the engine and warp when really hot to the point the pistons pull the liners in , I would recomend a replacement engine or have the engine block machined true as well as the heads and install with new headbolts and fit a new oil pump...good luck.

obi_waynne likes this.
  3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Thanks for the input @mauricebharvey It looks like this thread got buried, it clearly still an issue though looking at the number of reads it is getting.