Wrong side of the road

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was approaching a main road when a foreign driver turns into my road from the right but managed to veer into the right lane - where I was!

My catlike reflexes saved the day though and I was able to stop in good time. This is the only problem with living so close to the port!

Have you ever had problems with drivers on the wrong side of the road?

I get it all the time! When will other drivers learn that both sides are mine, and they should get out of my way accordingly! lol :bigsmile:

Odd bit is coming back off holiday or long business trips where you drive everyday, you soon realise where you should be positioned! Spent a month in the states and drove several thousand miles whilst over there, was hard adjusting when I came back home. Not undertaking when on a freeway, it seems so natural and so fluid over there. Having to stand still when wanting to turn left on a red when the road is clear, legal turning right over there as long as sign says you can.

I get it all the time! When will other drivers learn that both sides are mine, and they should get out of my way accordingly! lol :bigsmile:

Actually both sides are mine because I drive a *** !!

And on MY licence there's a bit that says specifically 'tear along the dotted line'.

sometimes when i am back in the UK, normally on the first day back, i have to think myself about which side of the road to be on. The only time i normally see drivers approaching on the wrong side it isnt foreigners but normally some young tw*ts who have been trying to overtake for the past two miles in something that has no power. Last time i had to actually stop on a 60mph road as had nowhere to go (if little one wasnt in the back then chase would have been on).