Wow noise

TERKIN

Tuner
Car
nexia16V&gsi cavvy
hello chums

ok ive got a performance middle box fitted design to give noise when i floor it
and a performance backbox jus a nosie maker :eek:, the problem is say motorway driving above 50 thier is a mind numbing drone,now ive removed the spare wheel and boot board along with the soft tool tray thing,i will rplace and try but could tht be a cause. this is on my nexia so the higest quality interior, do people think the sound proof wasnt desgined for this noise and i need to buy some to lay under the carpet, it is currenly to loud to drive on motorway jus to give you an idea of the noise lol. any help would be great

thanks alot :amuse:

what is the make of the 'performance' middle/back box. not all so called (or even most) will make a difference on a standard car and tend to just make a noise - droning during motorway driving is not uncommon on cheaper exhausts.

Check that the exhaust system is not touching the floorboards and that the exhaust flex mounts are in good condition.
If this checks out OK then it is your "performance" muffler itself that is the culprit-a very common fault in badly designed units-.

ah ok so nothing to do with sound proofing ill have a look at the exhaust make sure its not touching, the back box is a apiro box about 50squid, and the center section i had made up by MIJ that was also about 50squid, the backbox was fairly quite untill,the center went on with a custom made bit of pipe, oh the back box does have part of a clamp welded to the body of the car its the u part of a clamp welded to the fat bit of the back box,

any recommendations on back boxes, twin exit if possible thanks a million
a

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back