Would you buy a personalised number plate

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on personalised number plates? If you don't have one then what are your reasons for not bothering.

Here are my reasons for not owning one?
1) Traffic wardens and police would notice me more so I'd be more prone to get caught doing something.
2) W47NNE is not available
3) I can think of things other than this to spend my money on.
4) I can recognise my car and remember the current number plate.​

So if 2) and someone was buying me it as a gift I would go for it.

Over to you, your thoughts....

(If you have a personalised plate then do any of my 4 reasons hold up under scrutiny?)

I have one :)
1) Traffic wardens and police would notice me more so I'd be more prone to get caught doing something.
Why are you doing things you shouldn't be? ;)

2) W47NNE is not available
Are you sure?

3) I can think of things other than this to spend my money on.
Absolutely!

4) I can recognise my car and remember the current number plate.
When my car was imported the company that did so registered it, but the person they imported for immediately changed the reg to a personal one. Personal to the car, not the person. When he sold it the new owner didn't bother to change it. And when that guy sold it to me I didn't change it either. The plate apparently says SUBARU. You need to squint but it is there. Helps me recognise my car.... Beyond being the only silver Scooby with gold wheels in this town :lol:

When I drove Golfs I wanted ALS401F (AlsGolf), or something similar. Cost always put off - it was always more than the car was worth and I had other things to spend money on :)

My kids gave me one for my birthday a long time ago and I transferred it over from my ute to the car in the pic when I retired.

There is one over here with EL0H554 .V(

Last edited:
I've often thought about it but it always seemed like too much hassle and £250 for a couple of pieces of plastic seemed a bit much. Maybe one day, I think it's supposed to be a bit easier to do these days anyway with everything going online.

I knew of a guy who spend £7k on a number plate, and when his car was stolen he lost the number plate and there was no insurance covering it! He was gutted. He threatened legal action but I doubt it went anywhere if he did.

I've often thought about it but it always seemed like too much hassle and £250 for a couple of pieces of plastic seemed a bit much. Maybe one day, I think it's supposed to be a bit easier to do these days anyway with everything going online.
you can buy a number plate in 5 minutes , even less if you already have an account there

[QUOTE="TCJBOLDIE,

There is one over here with EL0H554 .V([/QUOTE]

Surprised that no one has twigged to this so what does it read in your rear view mirror :eek:

The use of personalised number plates is trendy nowadays because it not only gives your vehicle a classy look but also there are a lot of benefits present using personalised number plates. A personalised number plate is unique therefore there are rare chances for your vehicle to be theft because it can be recognised anywhere easily.