Would you buy a car to suit where you live?

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
As above. Would you buy a car to suit the landscape you live in like me who bought a scooby due to the roads down here in cornwall.

Do you have a cruiser for nice flat roads? 4x4 for those harder to reach areas? or a flat out road going rally car for those wicked bendy roads?

I noticed Bigbadjoe has an evo 8 in scotland which would be fun. But what about everyone else? And lets see if a pattern emerges lol.

no pattern for me i'm afraid

The roads in Sheffield are appauling - pot holes everywhere

and i've got a primera, i lowered my last one - and it was horrible.

If i had a car for round here, it would have to be a 4x4 to cope with all the holes

I managed to get across a snow lashed Bodmin moor in a 2.0 Montego twenty years ago. Two wheel drive wasn't really an issue and I doubt it would have been much easier in a Land Rover.

So, yes, I bought a car to suit where I lived, which is in the UK.

Well I am hoping to move a bit further out from London this year, hopefully with a few fields around me which would be nice. A 4x4 might be needed but I shall have to experience the winter first before I take the plunge.

Well I am hoping to move a bit further out from London this year, hopefully with a few fields around me which would be nice. A 4x4 might be needed but I shall have to experience the winter first before I take the plunge.

We do have roads in the countryside you know :) It's not mandatory to drive across ploughed fields.

Yeah the Evo is great fun on a lot of the north Scottish moors with great flat visibility and no one for miles around. The A940 is probably one of the best roads in the UK.

When I read the thread I thought you meant area you live in. My mate did that. He bought a Lexus just because he lived in the posh side of town and everyone had Chelsea tractors and Lexus's.

If I lived in America I would own a chevrolet el camino.

If I lived in Australia Id own either an over powered Ford, or an over powered Vaxhaul just so I could argue with people in the pubs!! :lol:

You got it bud. I probably should have been a bit clearer. I would Never buy a car to "fit in" in an area as you say, but rather have a car that suits the area if that makes sense. First thing I did up country to my Vectra 2.6 SRi when I made the decision to move down here, was to fit the FK coilovers for the roads :) Same if I had moved to the Lake District where my Dad is.

No pattern for me either. I do a lot of countryside driving so should really be in a high 4x4 off roader but that is never going to happen!