Would it bother you if your sounds didnt work?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How much would you be bothered if your ICE system was not working?

Personally I think I could live without any music for a couple of weeks but on a long journey I would view it as vital and it would be a priority fix.

Am I alone on this one then?

i would fix it aspa
but going to and home from work it would not worry me as i live less then half a song away i know its not worth driving but its up hill on the way home lol

Hey Lutonmatt you drive for half a songs worth and I'm guessing we're not talking Bohemian Rhapsody either. Short runs are really bad for your car at least go round the block a few times.

i know thats why i use it at lunch a lot and a week end is not driven carefully
i am taking it to billing on friday for the weekend for a yank car show i will say its not going slow up there well up the a2 and m1 it will be in the 50 zones as i have a front plate on it trans am i dont bother with things like that as its not got a front plate

but i do see every day doing mots the effects of sort runs does the cat in co2 is always high

Take some pics at the show - it would be great to see your gallery of yank tanks! I'm quite a few others would also be interested as well.

I couldn't live without music for more than maby 4-5 days. I listen to music all the time (when I'm not working or at school) plus I'm a musician so I both listen to my own stuff when I'm working on it and when I am planning on writing a new song I often use other peoples music for inspiration. I have once tryed to drive for a while without music but then I was doing everything I could to get a car with a working stereo

I have been without sounds for about 5 months, so I got my finger out and fitted the HU that was in the boot.

Its nice having sounds again, but for some reason I have to turn them off for reversing, and I keep turning them off on long journeys so I can hear if everything is ok with the car.

TBH I think I probably fitted it more for the wife and kids benefit.

Well, you can't beat the sound of a finely tuned car! I even turn my music off sometimes just to wind the windows and listen to the exhaust. Ahhhh heaven! :bigsmile:

theres no way i could not have sounds in my motor, although i agree with prince its nice to turn it all off and listen to the sound of your own car once in a while!!

Well, you can't beat the sound of a finely tuned car! I even turn my music off sometimes just to wind the windows and listen to the exhaust. Ahhhh heaven! :bigsmile:

I turn the music up to rid of the noise of my car.

Diesel has such a horrid sound. Its such a shame.

Otherwise I <3 it!

Can live for a while without but wouldnt want to do it in the long run,
currently have the subs out of the car as needed all the space for luggage will be going back in withen the next few days although thinking of custom building one in and fitting the other in the wifes car

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back