Worst time to stall a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We've all stalled our cars at some point in our life but what was the worst time it has happened to you?

I remember once in London I was a bit slow in moving away on a green light. The car behind beeped, I lurched forward and then came to a halt! :embarrest: It was not good and in my panic to restart it I must have "flooded the engine" and the thing would just not start again!

Please reassure me that this sort of thing doesn't just happen to me.

dont worry it must have been 1 of them cars that stall, i no alot of blondes with them cars lol. stalling at the lights is somthing everyone does (there lieing if they say they havent ever done it lol).

Stalling at a set of fast changing lights if murder, by the time youve restarted theyve changed back.
not so much stalling but i went round a roundabout and the ignition lead from the coil came loose so the engine cut out. Not the best at rush hour, had to push the car into a layby

I stalled on a test once...a couple times. The b****** failed me for it as well! It wasn't even anywhere dangerous! Another bad place to stall would be before a drag race!

Stalling at a set of fast changing lights if murder, by the time youve restarted theyve changed back.
not so much stalling but i went round a roundabout and the ignition lead from the coil came loose so the engine cut out. Not the best at rush hour, had to push the car into a layby
i remember when my master and slave clutch cylinders went
car was stuck in neutral,on a hill at that,right outside a colledge on a friday afternoon
the girlfriend,and my first daughter with me
the amount of chaos i caused was undescribable
preludes seem light when their driven,but trust me,their not as i found out when 2 nirds from colledge[the tweedy type] tryed to push it
morral of the story,a pug 206 towed me to the garage,the smell of clutch was,,well i put it this way,id smell a winos knickers rather than put up with it
its very embarrising knowing your the culprit behind all this gridlock,,so i know how you feel mate,,but at the end of the day,it happens most people so F;;K EM ALL:cheesy:;)

i remember when my master and slave clutch cylinders went
car was stuck in neutral,on a hill at that,right outside a colledge on a friday afternoon
the girlfriend,and my first daughter with me
the amount of chaos i caused was undescribable
preludes seem light when their driven,but trust me,their not as i found out when 2 nirds from colledge[the tweedy type] tryed to push it
morral of the story,a pug 206 towed me to the garage,the smell of clutch was,,well i put it this way,id smell a winos knickers rather than put up with it
its very embarrising knowing your the culprit behind all this gridlock,,so i know how you feel mate,,but at the end of the day,it happens most people so F;;K EM ALL:cheesy:;)

Funny enough mate that was on a prelude as well. Glad it wasnt weighed down with much infact it was weighed at work at 1090kgs. Gen i think 1990

Funny enough mate that was on a prelude as well. Glad it wasnt weighed down with much infact it was weighed at work at 1090kgs. Gen i think 1990
oh tis a bol'''s alright,i wouldnt wish it on anyone
i think my gen=4th gen is heavier than the 3rd=1990
but still,if it were a g whiz,,it wouldnt matter,,its not a nice feeling being broke down

most of my cars have been auto so does not happen and i drive cars all day so dont do it so much only time i do it is when i am doing a mot and i stall it coming out of the brake rollers but not done that in a long time

i managed to stall an automatic cavalier once dont ask me how i managed it as i havent a clue problem with the car i guess?????????????????????.very embarrasing lol.

i think the worst time to stall is

during your driving test, coming up to a set of fast changing traffic lights, go to pull away and stall, get the car running and start pulling away before they change, then as you pull away THEY CHANGE and turn red as your half way through and you have left the person behind you sitting at a red light :/

and yes i have done it :rolleyes: tis why i failed my last test

Well I don't currently own a manual tansmission, however, I was in a buddy's car, and we were pulling out of a parking lot when he stalled out in the middle of the road, with oncoming traffic. Needless to say, I was like, "OMG! What happened! Hurry up and start!"

If there are fuel or ignition problems then anything is stallable. My Dad had an automatic Fiat Mirafiori (131) in 1978 with a 3 spd auto and that was a bastard when cold. Extremely badly setup carburettors were to blame. I don't think Fiat made enough effort with the cold start mechanism to cope with a Biritish winter.

If you incur something like this then plant left foot on brake pedal, right on gas a little bit. Then just release brake to go. Not ideal and you should really get the fuel system sorted out asap.

Hell yea i got that started =] ! th guy envision was talking about was me when i first started driving.

only time i ever stalled out was when i was out with my wife on our first date. was so nervous that i forgot to hit the gas a bit more than normal when i let off the clutch about 6 times. finally remembered that my z was a bit more touchy when it came to starting out than my truck and got going. all and all wasn't to bad since now we have been married for about 6 1/2 years. (of course her being above average in a low cut top didn't help me concentrate much) lol

Ah yes - first date nerves! :lol: I think we've all been there. Its times like that you find the CD in the player is totally inappropriate! :embarrest: