Worst time to be driving

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the worst time of day to be driving?

For me the school run drive is a nightmare! I try to avoid the 8:30-9:00 and 3:30-4:00 time slots wherever I can. What is it with parents who drive?

Dusk is a pain with falling light levels and that indeterminate point when some light up, others don't and your own lighting doesn't generate enough contrast against ambient lighting to help with vision.

School run, too, is a pain, although we have to do that one unfortunately.

Don't we see some 'unorthodox' driving during thoses periods, though?

Friday, anytime on the A38 Derby bypass.

I finished my course at 2.30pm, it took 30 mins to get from the campus of Kingsway hospital to the roundabout joining the A61, a journey that normally takes 10-15 mins.

I fell of my motorbike on that road! (sorry wanted to share).

definately sundays

Friday, anytime on the A38 Derby bypass.

I finished my course at 2.30pm, it took 30 mins to get from the campus of Kingsway hospital to the roundabout joining the A61, a journey that normally takes 10-15 mins.

Yup I hate the markeaton roundabout and coming up to junction 28 doesn't matter which side you come it's more or less backed up most of the time.
Motorway widening did wonders didn't it. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

worst time to be driving, tomorrow afternoon, glastonbury music festival, over 100,000 extra people down the narrow lanes, the latent population only comes to about 30,000 and there are already long tailbacks, expect five hour waits, stoned hippies, drunk pedestrians, and angry mothers in big volvos and land rovers.

in fact i might just stay indoors this weekend.

Not me, not me kind of festival, I have been to Download festival though and that was ace (2006 not this year) I was only 17 at the time and I saw Metallica live, so worth it....

but yeah the worst time to drive for me was when V festival was on i had to leave an hour earlier to get to work on time!!
I used to travel from Great Wyrley near cannock and walsall to telford down the M54 or
A5 and when the V festival was on at weston park then you couldn't bloody move!! I hate coaches!!

When Im on the road in a bad mood, after getting kept back in work on a friday after 4pm. Not a happy bunny. Just do not piss me off on the journy from work to my house.