Worst things to happen to a car owner

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you think are the worst things that can happen to a car owner?

Here's my top 3

1) Really bad non fault accident
2) Finding car damaged on your return with no note.
3) Finding car has been broken into?

What are your worst ever things? Catastrophic MOT failure will probably feature as will cost of fuel and insurance and filling up with the wrong fuel.

Mines more of a "WTH?" moment.

Came back to the vRS to find the Dust Caps missing from the tyres.

Pinching the car or the wheels, I can understand (good job it uses locking wheelnuts) but dustcaps? Locking ones in place now anyway.

3 months ago someone decided to shoot the car and occupants (of which i was one) Luckilly only the car was full of holes. Now I don't think anything worse will ever happen to me in a car

3 months ago someone decided to shoot the car and occupants (of which i was one) Luckilly only the car was full of holes. Now I don't think anything worse will ever happen to me in a car
Thats pretty scary! Glad we don't get that sort of thing over here! What had the driver done to annoy them?

I reckon that having the 'old bill' turn up and confiscate your motor must be pretty bad. This is an experience a few people have when they have bought a previously nicked motor. Even ones that pass the HPI as everything tallies up with the 'new' plates.

Thats pretty scary! Glad we don't get that sort of thing over here! What had the driver done to annoy them?

A gang of surfers were baying for the blood of a gringo in the car, not the driver, we didn't even know him, He'd punched one of them down the previous evening apparently. He wouldn't get out of the car to fight them so they started shooting. thats not the norm here, I was only accepting a lift home, i was going to walk home and wish i'd had

Years ago a friends bonnet opened whilst he was motoring. I bet that woke him up. (Morris Marina van)

I had one of these! The car was still on finance, thankfully I wrote it off a week before they claimed it! I think I'd have been more miffed to have lost the car that way than writing it off.

how about having a blow out in the fast lane of the motorway.

Oh, reminds me of someone I know through work.

He was a police (traffic) officer. Responding to a call along a motorway when a vehicle pulled out in front of him. I get the impression it was deliberate, anyway he wound up having to hit the central reservation but something went wrong and he ended up on the wrong side of the road, and sadly had to take a medical retirement.

Damn lucky to survive though.