Worst driving i have ever seen

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
Yesterday i was driving around the back roads to carlsie ( duel carriageway is getting upgraded to motorway so its 50mph for around 7 miles). i suddenly noticed a car appearing and disappearing in my wing mirrors behind a wagon. Suddenly hes out past the wagon and sitting right behind me, well i say behind me he held the otherside of the road only pulling in when there was a car coming. And away past me it went and on the back "Police driver under instruction". So i thought foot down and keep up with it.
watching some of the driving that was under instruction id be worried if i ever had the met this head on. things such as passing on a corner, granted it wasnt blind but there is a dip in the road. Passed another car with something coming the other way causing both cars to slam on the brakes

And these are the ones who can criticize our driving

Why do they have that right? "lets teach them and endanger everyone, then slap their hands when they do anything similar"?

They go on about safe driving, what would have happened if the cop had lamped someone?

Whatever anyway, bad day, just angry.

This is just so wrong. But it gives me an idea. I'll get me one of those police driver under instruction notices - I might be able to get away with more! :lol:

There is a difference between reckless driving and fast driving. If you have good anticipation, full control of your car, a lot of experience which helps with the unexpected and you don't take chances you are a good driver. However if you take chances and fail to take into account the ever changing road conditions you fall into the reckless category. (Tiredness can move a driver from good to reckless!)

I think I am right in saying that the police still have to obey all of the traffic laws with the exeception of speed when the blue light is on (they still have to avoid dangerous driving) they can also ingore traffic signals and lane controls with the blue light. (I'm sure HDi has looked this one up at some point?)

When an (unfortunately undisclosable) person I know went from being a normal constable to being in CID, they had to do the whole advanced driving thing. Amongst other things, they had to hit 130mph in their test provided the road conditions allowed it. And do seemingly rediculous overtakes. When they explained some of them to me they sounded horrific, but with a bit more explaination I realised they only seemed dangeous at fist glance.

That doesn't change the fact that some of them will be horrific drivers though. And they definately shouldn't have the right to endanger other road users.

Something to note though: when the aforementioned person was doing their test and lessons, they weren't in a car marked "police driver under instruction" or anything like that. It was a plain, unmarked (albeit slightly tuned) car doing 130mph on public roads.

There's a lot of arguments for and against this sort of thing. The for is that they do need to be able to drive very quickly, and I for one don't like the idea of the first time they have to go that fast being in an emergency situation. I.E. They've gotta practice.

When the regular police say they don't encourage driving at those sorts of speeds, it might be true. CID, on the other hand, is a different matter.

There was something I wondered whilst being told all of this, and I'm sure a few people are wondering the same thing. What if they get pulled by the regular police?

They (CID) all have fake names, complete will full official police identification using the said fake names, and the cars are all registered to a po-box belonging to a non existant company. Clever stuff.

Lets all join the CID then!

Yeah!

Oh, a perk of being in CID... You can have your own personal car's plate registered to the PO-box that I mentioned. I.E. Speeding tickets from cameras etc will be delivered to the PO-box. Your name is in no way associated with it.

Oh how jelous I am...

first off-what is CID?:confused:

Here everyone who are learning emergancy driving (the blue light thingy) is trained first in closed areas and not let on the roads in this kind of driving unless having fullfilled a strict test first. I for one have never seen the police in training on the open road but I'm shure there is some kind of road training here. I don't know this well enough but I am going to have to take this kind of test soon but not to drive anything like the "well handling" police cars but a Land Rover on 40" tires or something like a Toyota Hiace or something.

Allthough I don't know what the CID is it sounds good:D

first off-what is CID?:confused:

CID is the Criminal Identification Department, if I remember correctly!

The best way of describing them is that they're sort of undercover / plain clothes police who have the job of tracking and identifying criminals without the criminals knowing about it. That's a basic description, at least! :)

On the motorway tuesday....I spotted a car that was going rather fast (over 100mph)....and every now and again it would flash it lights...but blue lights. I decided to get closer and it was an unmarked Audi. Mystery solved? CID? I'm glad it was in front of me and not behind me! :D

They (CID) all have fake names, complete will full official police identification using the said fake names, and the cars are all registered to a po-box belonging to a non existant company. Clever stuff.

So correct me if im wrong but does this not class as fraud ?
fake names non existant comapnys

So correct me if im wrong but does this not class as fraud ?
fake names non existant comapnys

Fraud is unlawful gains from what I understand. Usually financial ones.

I'm not sure it would amount to fraud. The world of the police is a strange one, and I don't pretend to understand it fully. The fake names etc are primarily for their own protection against dangerous criminals.

The fact that it also means they don't get speeding tickets is just a nice bonus for them, I guess. Also, for what it's worth, if the same plate gets clocked consistantly at dangerous speeds the CID DO know who the plate belongs to and said person would be disciplined.

No, unlaful gains is usually classed as embezelment. Fraud is often the mechanism by which embezelment is effected. Fraud does not in itself have to relate to any dinancial gain.

I think what you're describing is subterfuge.

I'm not sure that the CID has quite the license to operate in such a way as it might have done in the 1970's.

There are situations where criminal and terrorist investigations have to be undertaken in such a way. I do think that Uncle Gordon is likely to abuse these privileges.