Worst driver in your family

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Who in your family (*any relative near or far) is the worst driver?

I have a brother who drives really really slowly, never over 40 and does 20-25 in a 30mph zone! It drives me nuts but he lacks confidence in his abilities.

I would say that he would be dangerous as the way he drives would lead to drivers following him attempting risky overtaking.
Have you suggested that he gets some additional instruction/training that he sorely needs to improve his skills/confidence behind the wheel??
IMO some are simply never going to be a skilled safe drivers as they lack the right aptitude.

"Have you suggested that he gets some additional instruction/training that he sorely needs to improve his skills/confidence behind the wheel??"

Problem number zero is that those most in need of additional tuition are also those least likely to seek it. And suggesting it is likely to be met with quizzical looks and a "Why?"

Last edited:
i would deffinatly put my 2 step daughters in this ,they are terrible no road sence at all dont seem to watch the road no further than the bonnet i dont know how they passed the test,i went with one of them about a quarter mile to get a part for her car on the indus estate where we live,she pulled out infront of a car,dont know how he stopped hitting us!,then she nearly hit a parked car,then drove on the wrong side off the road,that took place in the matter of a few hundred yards,i havant been with her since that was about 5 years ago,my misses says its not much better now,and the other daughter is just as bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ Good heavens, my nerves would have been shot to pieces after those encounters :amuse:

Sounds like we have found a couple of well qualified participants (can't quite bring myself to call them drivers) for the next series of Britain's worst drivers ??

Seems to me that the driving test examiners may need to have their qualifications reassessed seeing they have let people like the ones described loose on the roads.

Last edited:
Sounds like we have found a couple of well qualified participants (can't quite bring myself to call them drivers) for the next series of Britain's worst drivers ??

Seems to me that the driving test examiners may need to have their qualifications reassessed seeing they have let people like the ones described loose on the roads.

i know of a few who i would have not let loose on the roads and it surprises me of the amount of people who write a car of in the first year,no wonder insurance is so high

"Have you suggested that he gets some additional instruction/training that he sorely needs to improve his skills/confidence behind the wheel??"

Problem number zero is that those most in need of additional tuition are also those least likely to seek it. And suggesting it is likely to be met with quizzical looks and a "Why?"

Sadly you are just so right :sad2:

I guess then ignorance is bliss :confused: and the problem with that is that they will unknowingly pass on their bad habits to their children by way of the monkey see monkey do method/example over say the 15 years they drive with the children in the car

Last edited:
My girlfriend and her mother are not the best. The missus, in fairness is a hell of a better driver then her mum. Once the mother had driven from my house to Southend with the hand brake up because she 'forgot' how to drive a manual. My missus, slams her brakes on right at the last second, jumps out of her skin if some one over takes or does something out of the blue and she has as much road sense as a blind man.

Used to see a few cars belching black smoke way back when they had manual chokes with the choke still out with a handbag hung off it.

Used to see a few cars belching black smoke way back when they had manual chokes with the choke still out with a handbag hung off it.

many years ago my first car was a Hillman Imp,i used to pull the choke out to overtake it made the car go faster:):)

This is,nt quite relavent here!,but when i first met my mrs we where sat talking in her front room about woman drivers, i said they were worse than men!,with that she got up left the room and come back and chucked some paperwork at me it was certificates to say she was a trained driving instructor,and a ROSPA gold certicate,so that shut me up oooops

This is,nt quite relavent here!,but when i first met my mrs we where sat talking in her front room about woman drivers, i said they were worse than men!,with that she got up left the room and come back and chucked some paperwork at me it was certificates to say she was a trained driving instructor,and a ROSPA gold certicate,so that shut me up oooops

How long did it take to get your foot out of your mouth so you could eat humble pie :lol: