Women drivers, dispel the myth

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Many men think that women drivers are a bit of a joke. In reality the only bad women drivers I have met tend to have a lot of critisicm from their other half and have almost given up trying.

I would assert that it is men like that who make women drivers nervous and affect their confidence. Of course there are exeptions but in the main there are as many naturally bad male drivers as female drivers.

How many good women drivers do you know?

My wife is an exceptional driver, good concentration and anticipation and a really good road sense. She can also do basic things around the car like change a wheel or the oil etc...

Do you give your other half a chance to "get into cars!" Do you hog all the driving?

I work with a lot of women drivers, and they're all good.

Indeed, it tends to be the male drivers who are worse (2 examples - one who always brakes pretty hard at the last minute, and one who used to race around everywhere until a complaint was made.)

There are good and bad in both, nothing to determine which sex is better. I like my wife to drive at times, but she prefers me to drive whenever possible as she can wear her heels :amuse:

I did let her have a go in the discovery but she bottled it, a bit of a jump from the toytown Jimny I do believe :lol:

As for knowing good woman drivers..................most that I know are. However some of my mates are well..................poor.

There are good and bad in both, nothing to determine which sex is better. I like my wife to drive at times, but she prefers me to drive whenever possible as she can wear her heels :amuse:

I did let her have a go in the discovery but she bottled it, a bit of a jump from the toytown Jimny I do believe :lol:

As for knowing good woman drivers..................most that I know are. However some of my mates are well..................poor.

welcome stamford, long time no hear from you.

The ones I know shouldn't be allowed to drive. Period.

Anybody older then 30 around here in NY I'm okay with anything lower just simply shouldn't.

My (female) friend is an excellent driver, would even (grudgingly) admit she is possibly a better (i.e more observant/considerate) driver than myself.

The missus however should not be allowed withing 4 square miles of a car. Ever.

Many men think that women drivers are a bit of a joke. In reality the only bad women drivers I have met tend to have a lot of critisicm from their other half and have almost given up trying.

I would assert that it is men like that who make women drivers nervous and affect their confidence. Of course there are exeptions but in the main there are as many naturally bad male drivers as female drivers.

How many good women drivers do you know?

My wife is an exceptional driver, good concentration and anticipation and a really good road sense. She can also do basic things around the car like change a wheel or the oil etc...

Do you give your other half a chance to "get into cars!" Do you hog all the driving?

Sorry Waynne reply to and old post...

But Sir I will have you know that I respect women drivers to no end.

In fact my better half is an excellent driver, if i may say so!

You would not believe it, but the minute she sits herself down in the backseat with the my 2 devils, she knows exactly what i should do, exactly where i should go, and even has verbal directions that provided to me just after the moment i have passed the point of no return in a turn.

I mean what more could a man ask for, than a talking GPS, which you do not need to renew the subscription for every year?

And anyone who says otherwise......... I'll let my wife deal with it.... ( my budget for mods is still under consideration with the appropriation committee! ;) )

Picasso

The wife is the worst driver I know.:lol: I will NOT let her drive when we go out together.She frightens the life out of me with her lack of ability at junctions,but she does love to use her right foot when on dual carriageways.;).She got caught out by asking what the buzzing noise was from the dash board(speed reminder-set at 90mph)lol.

Her Indoors is quite good to be truthful! she has a Focus convertible (brand new) and drives "her little baby" like Miss Daisy :lol:

I do try and encourage her when she's driving as she can be a little over hesitant as she has not been driving very long, but I do feel safe with her behind the wheel. :bigsmile:

My wife is a relatively new driver (2005 test pass) but she does very well indeed. The only fault she has is that she brakes too late in my opinion. Not dangerously so but in a pad life halving way.

womendrivers.png

Talking about 'good' drivers, are we talking about good on the road or good on the track?

I've seen quite a few women sodding about for ages in car parks, but thats not going to end up putting anybody in a ditch.

I think women are much safer drivers. Their just not very enthusiastic about it though.

Last edited:
Talking about 'good' drivers, are we talking about good on the road or good on the track?

I've seen quite a few women sodding about for ages in car parks, but thats not going to end up putting anybody in a ditch.

I think women are much safer drivers. Their just not very enthrusiastic about it though.

I know one thing: insurance premiums for women are CON-siderably lower.
& some insurance companies only insure women.

this is fiction!! companys cant discriminate against gender!! some companys will pretend they cater for women(sheilas wheels for example) but they will insure men! but 9 times out of 10 if women shop around they will find it cheaper;)
tesco has consistently been the cheapest for the wife for years