Windscreen Chip Repair

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Picked up a stone chip earlier this morning on the drivers side and right in my eye line. So called Adrian Flux the insurer to see what the procedure for repair was.
They tell me I am covered but there is a £20 excess ?-/ I was always under the impression that stone chips get repaired for free but there was an excess on a windscreen replacement (£90), young lady on the phone could not shed any light on this.
So when is the next available date for a chap to repair the damage? Friday 26th of February between 9am & 5pm o_O
Why so long I asked, apparently this cold snap has caused lots of screens with chips to crack and windscreen replacement is now double busy in the industry. OK I said, if my chip gets larger and cracks between now and the 26th who will stand the cost of the excess difference as the damage happened today and I called you within 90 minutes of it happening? Blank reply from the lady so I insisted on talking to a supervisor to state my case. This lady tells me that should that happen then they will stand the cost of the £70 difference, nice one AF |B

A chip in ones LOS will always be noticed as ones eyes will be drawn to it \B

This is so true Rad, from the moment I heard a ricochet off my screen and saw the damage, I constantly kept looking at it as if it was going to grow bigger at any minute :(