Windscreen Chip Damage

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Two weeks plus ago on the M25 a stone came up and introduced itself to my windscreen :( So I called Adrian Flux within 1 hour of getting home to arrange for a repair. Now the first thing they asked me was is the damage under 1cm in length if it is longer then it cannot be repaired it will have to be a replacement screen; so as to be very accurate I put the lady on hold and popped out with a ruler, it was 4mm. No problem she says but we are very busy cannot get some one to you until Wednesday the 24th :(

So the chap duly arrived and I left him too it, calls me out to look at it and admits defeat, his attempt to repair has increased the size from 4mm up to 21mm now :mad:

So instead of a £20 excess I am now looking at a £90 excess and a new screen :mad:

Auto Windscreens called me back that afternoon and said the new screen would be fitted on Friday (Today) Ok I thought and sure enough the fitter arrived with my new screen. I tell him what happened with the last chap who visited on Wednesday and he sighs deeply and shakes his head. He takes a good look at the crack and says he thinks he can repair the chip ?-/ I said I was told anything over 1cm was supposed to be a no no! He laughed and said, "that's because not everyone has my skills, leave it with me" Called me out 50 minutes later and ruddy hell!!! no chip visible :confused:

I could not thank him enough, he told me that he loses out for the extra fee paid to him for fitting a screen but he knew he could fix the damage and he is much too honest to rip me or the insurance company off!

Well Sir! Auto Windscreens gets a huge thank you from yours truly :D

That's a result. I too have had very good experiences with Auto Windscreens, they have some great people working there.

Surely if the repairer made it so it couldn't be repaired the cost would be on them?

Results though Os and just goes to show experience always pays off!