Window Regulator

S

shifty76

Hi, I've got a VW Golf Mk4 52 reg 3 door. The offside window (drivers) is faulty, I know its the window regulator and I've seen some on ebay for around £30-£40. Are the easy to change and if anyone can give instructions with pictures it would be great.

Many Thanks!!!

pretty simple job tbh mate (if you have the right tools;))
i used this as a guide when i did mine
and the part from vw is only around £30 (and they usually have them in stock) so if you have dealer close it may save the wait for the ebay item to be delivered
also while you have the panel out delocking the handle is worth it imho cause you get to see how easy these cars are to break into the part numbers and guide are in this link

VW charge £34 for a repair kit
or £78 for a new one.
Edit prices were of last week when i was in VW

need to get this done on the wifes after she had her window smashed

Last edited:
VW charge £34 for a repair kit
or £78 for a new one.
Edit prices were of last week when i was in VW

need to get this done on the wifes after she had her window smashed

its gone up a little since 2008 when i bought 1;) and you vw owners are lucky to have repair kits! seat dont do them they do the replacement panel for £70 but still have the plastic clips so they will eventually go again:mad:

think they are the same parts as they are the same door panel, if i can kick the wife off the latop, or even install ETKA on this computer (have ELSA on here now for VAG workshop manuals) i will check

think they are the same parts as they are the same door panel, if i can kick the wife off the latop, or even install ETKA on this computer (have ELSA on here now for VAG workshop manuals) i will check
unfortunately not mate i bought the repair kit first and it didnt fit my panel:( so had to buy the whole new panel:mad:

yeah ive just looked A3, leon, octavia all have the PN ### 837 461 for the front passengers door. its ony the VW that have their own different part numbers. wonder if thats why they have repair kits as maybe its not as good as the rest of the range

yeah ive just looked A3, leon, octavia all have the PN ### 837 461 for the front passengers door. its ony the VW that have their own different part numbers. wonder if thats why they have repair kits as maybe its not as good as the rest of the range

im not really sure why vw get the repair kit?? but i doubt its down to them being not as good cause all of the rest of the mk4 based models go the same!! so i would say for some reason the vw owner is getting looked after more for some unknown reason:confused: (curse you vw:mad:!)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back