Wind Deflectors - Cool or not cool

I think they only look right on large 4x4s like Jeep and Range Rovers. On cars they just don't look right.

What do you reckon? Personally I think they suit the Punto a lot.

20012010348.jpg

I think it depends on the car. Some can get away with them, some can not.

i agree with ma it just depends on the car
dsc00015.jpg

i think they would suit my car

Last edited:
I can't see the point of having them at the rear at all. At the front, well, if you like to smoke whilst driving then they do allow you to have a window open slightly without all the buffetting that would occur without them.

Whether it's wise to smoke whilst driving is anothe matter. Personally I think it's best not to do so. If you fancy a fag, then stop and have one.

I sometimes wonder whether we need to be able to open side windows at all with a/c and fully regulated climate control being virtually standard on all new cars.

However, some of the pics above do make a good case for wind deflectors not being so tacky as I remember them being in the 1970's and early 1980's.

D'oh! Get some! We could start a wind deflector revival. They'll be legendary in the summer with the window open at 90 on the M6 private track.

i have noticed they have been getting more popular over the last few years perhaps your right they need to bee revived properly lets start the revolution:amuse:
and the m6 private track would that be the toll road? cause if you pay to get on a road its speed restriction free;):lol:

I can't see the point of having them at the rear at all. At the front, well, if you like to smoke whilst driving then they do allow you to have a window open slightly without all the buffetting that would occur without them.
the rears possibly work i dont know? but they are probably more for cosmetic reasons as poddy says it looks odd with just the front done (same as window tinting:embarrest:)

Whether it's wise to smoke whilst driving is anothe matter. Personally I think it's best not to do so. If you fancy a fag, then stop and have one.
smoking is as much of a distraction as changing a radio station(if you dont have steering wheel controls) or changing the temp on the climate control!!

I sometimes wonder whether we need to be able to open side windows at all with a/c and fully regulated climate control being virtually standard on all new cars.
you have to be able to open the windows just to let the wind blow through your scalp (hair for those blessed with some):amuse:

However, some of the pics above do make a good case for wind deflectors not being so tacky as I remember them being in the 1970's and early 1980's.
i remember the 80's ones they stuck out nearly as far as the wing mirrors:blink:

Well everyone,

Thankyou very much for all your opinions. I am thinking of buying them for my honda accord. I agree with Poddy that they may look stupid if you only have front wind deflectors on a 4/5 door car.

I think I probably will now get them now - especially after seeing the picture of the black car above (thanks herb). However, they are not a priority so it will be a while.

some cars only, and another thing,
in the pics above, their small and tidy, and blend in ok, some people have things so big, they look like a set of skis hanging of the car