Will there be a Ferrari Diesel

Electric Ferrari. That'll be something. 0-60 in 2 seconds and about 5 miles driving range!!!

It would be better for Ferrari to do s diesel model of their own free will rather than as a result of point legislation.

Perhaps then some of the diesel haters would take note.

thats the point i cant see ferriai doing a diesel as if the legisation theyre trying to get in the average CO2 under something like 150g/km (cant remember off the top of my head). even then the 1.9 JTD this would proberly still make then over this.
come on how many ferrari fans are going to buy a 1.9 diesel version. whereas a nice electric version or maybe a electric / hybrid version would sell more

If there is one then it will be there simply to comply with across the model range CO2 emissions legislation.

But, who cares?

Even if global warming is a tangible issue (I think it isn't) then for the 50 or so Ferrari cars sold each year, each of which will cover little more than 1000 miles per annum then it's not really contributing much at all in terms of emissions.

Ferrari is owned by Fiat. If I was in charge of Ferrari I'd rebadge a JTD Stilo as a Ferrari, tweak the suspension so that it's very uncomfortable, remove the sound deadening panels so it sounds horrid and loud, ramp up the boost and fuelling electronically, over size the cooling system and then flog 'em as £25k Ferrari diesels.

Thus complying with the silly prescriptive laws.

Ferrari will be forced to do a diesel model, one way or another.

Ferrari have already anounced that to comply with Co2 regulation they will start to make smaller capacity engines with the use of Torbochargers. They blatantly refused to ever make a diesel.... I will be very suprised if they change their minds.