Will the UK January VAT rise affect your plans

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The UK VAT tax rate will go up in January so will this affect your plans for your car?

Will you be buying as many parts and bits as you can now to avoid the 2.5% rise?

Petrol will also increase with this VAT rate so we can expect to be paying another 3p or so on each litre of fuel! (2011 will be a record year for fuel prices! :( - so will you be thinking about a more economical car?)

Petrol will definately hurt directly.but what about all the indirect stuff goods transported by road fuel cost up therefore goods price up hence less food for same money Put that way we are all stuffed

Last edited:
Its swings and round abouts. I am thinking of buying a house, in witch case, I would be selling my baby. So that equals as cheeper house but slow car. I may decide to keep saving for a house in witch case I keep my car and she costs me a fortune.

Eather way I lose when it comes to my car.

Never mind. :sad2:

It won't make a difference to my cars or ownership as I spend as least as possible! Running them is another matter as the fuel costs are bad enough as it is! I have modified mine over time so the cost of the mods do not come into it unlike those who do something on a regular basis.

Worst case scenario is I'll sorn the ZS, buy a trailer and drag it to track instead of driving it. It'll save me on insurance, which is modified cover, save on tax as it may well fall into the very high +£400 a year class if the government continues the threat. The Landy mpg is pretty consistent whether towing or not.

I can't see it being that bigger deal. Everybody moaned when VAT went down to 15% that 2.5% was such a small drop it really didn't *help*. Likewise then, a 2.5% increase isn't really going to hurt you...