Will removing turbo improve economy

M

MUMU

hie everyone.
my issue is alittle different. i have a terios kid 650cc which consumes fuel more than expected. is it possible to bypass the turbo and still have the engine perfoming well. will it demage the engine. or the turbo? . i am not sure if natural aspiartion will reduce the fuel consumption.

The turbo is increasing the efficiency of the engine, at higher RPM the engine can now burn more fuel.

The answer to your question depends on how you drive it really. If you spend your time at low to mid rpm with the turbo just cutting in then it will be economical with the turbo.

Try an injector cleaner like BG44K and see if that improves efficiency. Has the car been serviced properly?

You couild simply try driving without using boost .

If that isnt possible I doubt you can just remove it and expect sensible performance.

Replied to your other post but to reiterate the turbo is the only thing helping the consumption, 63hp through a 4wd system and 1000kg of weight will have poor consumption. Don't believe the quoted mpg you very rarely get anywhere near it

The intercooler pipe went on my car, effectively removing all turbo boost. The car had no power, economy was seriously down and it was so lumpy it was hard to drive. The only way I could drive it was keeping it at very low rpm as the pre boost settings were relatively stable!