Will it happen?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Over here in Brisbane Australia we are being flooded by heavy rainfall over the last few days and it shows no sign of finishing with 230 mm over the last 24 hours and the same for 2 days previously consequently we are marooned and unable to get to a shop for bread etc.

I have another track day next Thursday and am holding off changing the wheels over to the semi slicks.

If the roads are clear to be able to get to the track I will wait till PM the day before deciding as to what tyres to use but will also seek info as to weather the event will still be going ahead.

Wow that's immense! We too are getting pretty crazy weather over here. The UK was rocked with 120mph winds, and we only usually get peaks at 70-90mph.
I do hope things have settled down for you a little and that you get there. What day is this scheduled for?

All the rain that never stopped falling over a vast area on the last 6 days has caused major flooding over most of the state and the dams have reached up to 150% of their capacity so they have to open the flood gates and release water and that will unfortunately stop the water levels flooded areas draining away for some time.

We live in what is called a "rural residential "area and are surrounded by acreage homesites app 15 klm from the city and had a huge body of fast flowing water that looked like a horizontal waterfall flowing thru the bottom half of our app 2 acre block/ homesite with all manner of debris like trees ,logs , branches etc being swept downstream that has damaged app 100 metres of our fence that separates us from the park and the normally dry creek that only carries run off water from upstream.

We both are thankful that we are high and dry and feel for those less fortunate .

The event is this coming Thursday.

Still marooned so no event happening for me which is disappointing on a personal level but there are so many in dire straits with homes and businesses still inundated by the muddy swirling floodwaters and will be for quite some time that deserve sympathy and help to get back on their feet and on with life as best they can.

To get some idea of the rainfall some areas have had a years worth of rain in 1 or 2 days.

We saw some of this reported on our news and it looks pretty bad out there. I'm guessing this is very unusual for this time of year, let alone unprecedented in the amount of rain.

As usual mother nature is unpredictable and we had another night of heavy rain that immediately caused the creek level to rise and drag even more debris downstream.as the ground is so sodden that any additional rain can't be absorbed before running into waterways.

Sadly many homes that had started to be cleaned had to do it all over again due to another downfall of heavy rain.

IMO the local councils are to blame as they have allowed developments in known floodplain areas as they have the flood level data / records from 1890.

The track day event had to be rescheduled for later this month.