Wider Tyres?

MoveIT

Tuner
Car
Chevy Lacetti CDX
Is it possible to fit wider tyres on the wheels I have? or would I need to buy a new set of alloys?

I currently have 205/45/R16 on the wheels but I'd like to put 225 tyres on if I can. I don't really want to go any bigger then 16" wheels so I don't really want to pay out the extra cash on wheels if I don't have to.

can this be done?

if i understand your quiery correctly your wanting to put a wider wheelbased tyre onto your existing alloys? if so, i would say no. you would have to get alloys that were as wide as the tyres unfortunately.

All tyres have a range of rim widths they will fit. What width are your wheels?

I seem to remember when I had a 200sx that a tuning company in warrington said I could put 245 tyres on it, and I had 225 tyres on at the time that came fitted to the wheels, so I thought wheels came with a range of tyre sizes that can be fitted, like size minimum to maximum.

I have no idea what size the wheels are on the car, all I know is that they are 16" wheels, the're not listed in the manual either on the tyre presure page but they are chevrolet wheels so I can only imagine that they were an optional extra when the car was bought.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back