Wide body kits

Wheel spacers? If so they should be binned, the work of the devil himself! :lol:

Seriously the only way to do it right is to fit the correct width and offset to suit the kit. Spacers are not the right way to do it as you do not have the spigot ring, less stud/bolt length to grip and extra stress placed on the hub/studs/bolts and bearing assy.

Wheel spacers? If so they should be binned, the work of the devil himself! :lol:

Seriously the only way to do it right is to fit the correct width and offset to suit the kit. Spacers are not the right way to do it as you do not have the spigot ring, less stud/bolt length to grip and extra stress placed on the hub/studs/bolts and bearing assy.

i agree. instead of spacers it's better to get from other cars, any other wider car, the wheel handlers (dunno how you call it in english) and add them.

did you ever see the size of the spacers on an mr2 when it has got the ferrari look?? they must be 6 inches wide WTH:blink:

actually, i don't think ther's anything wrong with wheel spacers, as long as they'r manufactured properly. proper hubcentric spacers are tuv approved, and if they'r good enough for the german tuv, they'r good enough for me.

actually, i don't think ther's anything wrong with wheel spacers, as long as they'r manufactured properly. proper hubcentric spacers are tuv approved, and if they'r good enough for the german tuv, they'r good enough for me.

I still would not touch them. I've seen enough wheels depart the mothership on tracks, not much fun seeing a big steel wheel bouncing across the front of your car and seeing it fly into the paddock!

All well and good if you don't speed or corner at speed, too much stress placed on parts not designed for it.

I still would not touch them. I've seen enough wheels depart the mothership on tracks, not much fun seeing a big steel wheel bouncing across the front of your car and seeing it fly into the paddock!

All well and good if you don't speed or corner at speed, too much stress placed on parts not designed for it.

Totally agree, well, almost. As long as the correct length and grade studs are used, I would accept spacers up to 1/4" (6mm) thick. Any thicker and the stresses on the OE bearings become unacceptable. Also, with thicker spacers, the wheel turning arc increases giving rise to tyre rubbing issues.

Totally agree, well, almost. As long as the correct length and grade studs are used, I would accept spacers up to 1/4" (6mm) thick. Any thicker and the stresses on the OE bearings become unacceptable. Also, with thicker spacers, the wheel turning arc increases giving rise to tyre rubbing issues.
You wouldn't like mine then, 50mm each side, front and back.
I havent had a problem in 18 months