Why?

Spangal

Car
xrr2i
Hello,
Please could you look at the enclosed pic & could you give me a definite reply whether if a front wheel car came around there with definite cold Slicks on would it slide or drift? The nature of the car is very stiff and as well runs a front roll bar.

Any knowledge in this area please state Thank You Daniel Eady.

7c714e40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Daniel & welcome to the forum. :D

As a new member you not permitted to post links or images until you've contributed at least 10 posts to the forum, this is just a measure to deter spammers because we don't like them, they never share their sweets.

In answer to your question, I would think a front wheel drive approaching a wet corner on cold tyres at speed will almost certainly under-steer & travel in a straight line. :) I think it's something everyone learns in their first car, I know I had a few 50p/5p moments blatting about the lanes of Norfolk in my first little Metro. :embarrest::lol:

Last edited:
Hi i'm honestly not a spammer can you please allow my URL to be displayed please? Remember we were on slick tyres you have tread on road tyres. Like to comment and do you have any skills in motorsport? Thank You Daniel E

Last edited by a moderator:
All members are required to have 10 posts before uploading pics or link.
Have a wander round the forum you'll soon hit 10.

To answer the op it would entirely depend on the speed of entry to the corner.
But if you mean at a race pace then yes if would be possible to understeer and go off circuit.
Like I said it would all depend on entry speed to said corner.

Hi i'm honestly not a spammer can you please allow my URL to be displayed please? Remember we were on slick tyres you have tread on road tyres. Like to comment and do you have any skills in motorsport? Thank You Daniel E

I Okay'd your first post because you were new to the site, now you're aware of the terms & conditions we'd hope you'll understand that we can't change the rules for one person. Anyway your nearly upto 10 posts, why not introduce yourself & tell us a little about your racecar? ;)

In answer to question I don't have a lot of personal Motorsport experience, but I have friends who compete in hill climbs & sprints so I've picked up a little info. As a forum we have members from a number of Motorsport backgrounds, so there's always someone who should be able to help. You'll find us a friendly bunch & if we don't know the answer straight away we'll help you get on the right track (pun intended)! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back