Why was the Vauxhall thread closed??

lol I ca\n't understand why it was closed either. Wasn't heated or out of control by any means. The mod must have dropped his teddy lol.

I took original post from Corsafan1's welcome thread because it didn't look good berating Vauxhalls when welcoming a Vauxhall owner.

I could of deleted it then, but it seemed like a good discussion to me at the time.

However, the moderation team took the decision to close it for the moment because, it was thought it might end up as a Vauxhall bashing thread with member's falling out with each other. At the end of the day our aim is keep the forum open & friendly.

The new member concerned as not returned since all this & that was also a factor in our decision, because Torquecars covers all makes & models it seems wrong to have a criticise at any particular marque.

But seeing as a number of you good gentlemen have expressed an interest in the closure of the Vauxhall thread. We will discuss the possibility of reopening the thread.

Loz.

Don't worry about it, we did find one good Vauxhall between us in the end!

Just messin' with y'all y0!

Lets face reality, loads and loads of people sign up, post a welcome thread or one or two threads asking for help, and never come back. It's the same on every forum.

I'd be inclined to let it run. I do feel a very slight twinge of guilt because I think I catalysed the whole thing but in fairness to myself all I asked of the new poster was this:-

"What's the attraction of Vauxhalls?"

I'd be inclined to let it run. I do feel a very slight twinge of guilt because I think I catalysed the whole thing but in fairness to myself all I asked of the new poster was this:-

"What's the attraction of Vauxhalls?"

"What's the attraction of Vauxhalls?" hardly the most antagonistic question ever asked! Everyone views somebody's personal choice of car as either great or strange at times! does this really matter? :amazed:
Quite a few deem the Saab as an old mans car! their opinion they are entitled too! and this has never ever prevented me from having a good nights sleep :lol:

As long as everything can be kept within good humour and with the TC witty banter that usually follows, then I really don't see any issues to be raised here at all! :)

I say let the thread run!

OMG,the big hand of the MODS has arrived.lol.Personally,I could see nothing wrong with the thread,it was just folk having a bit of friendly banter.

BTW:

FORD's are rubbish.lol.

I took original post from Corsafan1's welcome thread because it didn't look good berating Vauxhalls when welcoming a Vauxhall owner.

I could of deleted it then, but it seemed like a good discussion to me at the time.

However, the moderation team took the decision to close it for the moment because, it was thought it might end up as a Vauxhall bashing thread with member's falling out with each other. At the end of the day our aim is keep the forum open & friendly.

The new member concerned has not returned since all this & that was also a factor in our decision, because Torquecars covers all makes & models it seems wrong to have a criticise at any particular marque.

But seeing as a number of you good gentlemen have expressed an interest in the closure of the Vauxhall thread. We will discuss the possibility of reopening the thread.

Loz.

I personally felt the thread was beginning to go a little too far. Loz has hit the nail on the head with his response so there is no point in me repeating it.

I actually feel sorry for the lad (Corsafan1).

it is hard being a mod sometimes i am a mod /committee member on the pontiac club
and it is not a quick dicision to close threads normaly talked about for a bit before anything happens

unless it is just rude and not right then that thread should be deleted

and agree with m/a so many people join forums say hi and never go back on the site again

so never blame the mods for anything

unless they eat the last rolo lol

it is hard being a mod sometimes i am a mod /committee member on the pontiac club
and it is not a quick dicision to close threads normaly talked about for a bit before anything happens

unless it is just rude and not right then that thread should be deleted

and agree with m/a so many people join forums say hi and never go back on the site again

so never blame the mods for anything

unless they eat the last rolo lol

Agreed LM ;) a moderators life is a difficult one at times, I too officiate on several Oxford University forums! but I agree that Loz intervened when he thought the thread was losing some substance and after all; this is supposed to be a family orientated, friendly forum, and the Moderators are there for everybodys protection!
But viewing passed threads which in my opinion seemed to have been a little more edgy than some shall we say! these have escaped the detection of several moderators radar and were duly allowed to run their course ;)
Well its over and done with now and I think we should move on from it! who knows!!! the chap may well return and wonder what all the fuss was about? :)

and I for one would always share my last Rolo :bigsmile:

Agreed LM ;) a moderators life is a difficult one at times, I too officiate on several Oxford University forums! but I agree that Loz intervened when he thought the thread was losing some substance and after all; this is supposed to be a family orientated, friendly forum, and the Moderators are there for everybodys protection!
But viewing passed threads which in my opinion seemed to have been a little more edgy than some shall we say! these have escaped the detection of several moderators radar and were duly allowed to run their course ;)
Well its over and done with now and I think we should move on from it! who knows!!! the chap may well return and wonder what all the fuss was about? :)

and I for one would always share my last Rolo :bigsmile:

Loz didn't close the thread Prince did.;)
It seemed to be getting out of hand thats why it was closed.

Right i'll take it on the chin and re-open it. But make sure it's friendly and remember the forum rules.
(I'm prob gonna get in trouble for this but if you lot want it opening then i'll do it for ya this time.)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back