Why I'm not a happy chap

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Had the brake calipers overhauled and new pads installed and at the first track day last Thursday thought the pedal didn't seem quite right so I have just finished bleeding the system and found that not only have the nipples been over tightened by an Arnie clone gym junkie that required me having to clobber the ring spanner with a lump of lumber to persuade it to loosen 3 of them and the last nipple having the corners rounded off and the 11mm ring spanner kept slipping that so off to the shop to purchase a set of 6 point deep sockets (I already have a set of 12 point D S ) the 11mm had to be hammered on so I could manage to loosen it to finish bleeding the system.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Found air in the rear brakes as well in the D S front.

I will be contacting the owner one on one to express my displeasure.

It is a well known workshop that even has their own make of custom billet multi piston calipers BUT they like all workshops are only as good as their employees.

FYI the nipples are speed bleeders
http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/speed-bleeders/

Last edited:
If you want a job done properly ..........

The problem with tuning/speed shops is although the owner may be brilliant he won't be doing the mundane jobs and. as you say, you are relying on the quality of the monkeys he employs.

This is the reason why NO ONE touches my car except me. If I am going to die because some idiot cocked up that idiot will be me.

Friends have offered to come and help in order to get the car finished but I have managed to say no thanks in a friendly way.

Sorry to hear your having trouble with your nipples. You have to be so careful who you allow near them!

Obi I will take your advice on board in future as many a true word is spoken in jest :rofl:

If you want a job done properly ..........

The problem with tuning/speed shops is although the owner may be brilliant he won't be doing the mundane jobs and. as you say, you are relying on the quality of the monkeys he employs.

This is the reason why NO ONE touches my car except me. If I am going to die because some idiot cocked up that idiot will be me.

Friends have offered to come and help in order to get the car finished but I have managed to say no thanks in a friendly way.

Steve I do not have your obvious skills and equipment so have to rely on hopefully competent people to do certain things for me.|B

I usually double check anything done by others but for one reason or another did not this time.:( and :mad: at myself.

Last edited:
Steve I do not have your obvious skills and equipment so have to rely on hopefully competent people to do certain things for me.|B

I usually double check anything done by others but for one reason or another did not this time.:( and :mad: at myself.

Thanks, but I am not that skilful just prepared to have a go at most things. When I have to, rarely, get someone to do some work I am there with them. EG, the roll cage. From start to finish it took 4 weeks and I was there every day.

It's always the time that you don't check that trips you up.