Why does she wobble?

ImAudi43

Car
Audi A4 1.8T B6
My Audi A4 B6 1.8T is still stock. Before I bought her she sat for 2 yrs as the previous owner told me. I bought her 9 months ago and all I have done is install a forge box and a Cat and muffler delete. recently when im driving to and from work at high speed like 80-90 I hit a bump and feel like the she wobbles. not enough to scare me or make slow down. never the less I feel that she isn't steady. any suggestions of to what it can be? maybe the control arm bushings, rear suspension or something?

Well the first thing I would recommend you do is to have all the suspension joints and cross member mounting points to the body checked by a competent workshop, then IF that checks out fine then have the alignment settings checked and reset if needed followed by having all wheels balanced.

It would also be a good thing to have all the engine and transmission mounts inspected as well.

Check the tyre pressures as well. Tracing or suspension settings could be out a little more toe in will help with stability, but this will reduce the cornering a little, it's a fine line to get it set correctly.

Is it a quattro?

Well the first thing I would recommend you do is to have all the suspension joints and cross member mounting points to the body checked by a competent workshop, then IF that checks out fine then have the alignment settings checked and reset if needed followed by having all wheels balanced.

It would also be a good thing to have all the engine and transmission mounts inspected as well.
You now that you mention mounts, I have noticed when shifting from first to second there is movement in the motor. the harder a rev thru the gears the more I feel it. @obi_waynne yup its a Quattro 6 speed.

On the Quattro you need all tyre tread depths to be similar, especially across the axles, and tyre pressures across the axles matter more than they would on a non quattro system.

Also park on flat ground, and check the top of the tyre to the bottom of the wheel arch, the depth should be similar on each axle, if it's a little lower on one side you might have a weak spring, or worn bushing. Here the nearside tends to wear more I guess as we drive on the left and corner more on that side of the car.

Does it still happen with the traction control system fully off?

The engine and gearbox mounts do tend to go over time, you should be able to check them for flex though and if it's excessive get these replaced.