Why do you watch motorsports

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What reasons do you have for watching motorsports? I know some people say they watch it for the crashes?

Personally I like to see good driving. When 2 evenly matched drivers manage an overtake manoever on a tight bend without making contact or a recovery from a temporary loss of contral you have my full attention.

Perhaps F1 is a little too boring and needs more thrills and spills.

Which motorsport do you prefer to watch and why?

What reasons do you have for watching motorsports? I know some people say they watch it for the crashes?

Personally I like to see good driving. When 2 evenly matched drivers manage an overtake manoever on a tight bend without making contact or a recovery from a temporary loss of contral you have my full attention.

Perhaps F1 is a little too boring and needs more thrills and spills.

Which motorsport do you prefer to watch and why?

I like the same as you waynne. An in my opinion the best things for this is World Superbike. There is no other racing like it. It's the last lap battles that I enjoy most. Touring cars are also a favourite of mine...:D Plenty of over taking and a fair few crashes aswell...:D:D

I prefer the tin tops and seeing a few drivers going for it. I like competitive and spirited racing where no one gives an inch and will do anything in their skillset to pass another car. However it has to be clean and not your ususal BTCC gung ho approach and take aomeone out if they are not letting you pass!

Crashes do not interest me, open wheels do not give me the same thrills, BTCC, WTCC, Rallycross, Aussie V8, Le Mans, GTs and NASCAR do it for me. Some NASCAR racing is boring but there have been a few races where some of the driving has been immense.

depends what i watch rally for the skill/speed on losse and tight surfaces F1 for my boy to win lol and touring car / nascar mostly for crashes lol

i watch motorsport because i hate football, i used to play for a first division team years ago, but i broke my leg so many times, i was told to give it up, i was so pissed at this news that i couldnt watch it anymore, so i turned to cars and ever since, totally addicted

i watch motorsport because i hate football, i used to play for a first division team years ago, but i broke my leg so many times, i was told to give it up, i was so pissed at this news that i couldnt watch it anymore, so i turned to cars and ever since, totally addicted

If you ask me anyway I think football is absolutely boring. Would much rather spend the afternoon watchin racing than football any day...:D

If you ask me anyway I think football is absolutely boring. Would much rather spend the afternoon watchin racing than football any day...:D

To be prefectly honest I would rather watch football than motorsport...........................I only say this because I am not a very good spectator with regards motorsport as I would rather be out on the track! However much I love my football I don't wish to be on the pitch as I know I cannot play!

I also like watching F1 because the driving is so precise and the skill is immense. The amount of g's they get in the bends would nearly knock some of us out. They are without a doubt very very skilled drivers indeed.:D

you're irish, so no wonder you hate football. welcome to the club of football haters. :)

ha ha, and i thought i would be attacked verbally over my coments
you probably hate it because ye cant play a good game of it lol:D

i always used to be a goalkeeper when i was in elementary school, and i always used to get out of game because i used to beat down badly the players when they we're close to my goal. i used to be an arsenal fan, but arsenal screw up everything since henry left, so anyways, cars are better, cars are my deal.

I also like watching F1 because the driving is so precise and the skill is immense. The amount of g's they get in the bends would nearly knock some of us out. They are without a doubt very very skilled drivers indeed.:D

No doubt about that,

but it fails to provide us with racing. Where cars overtake, pass & out-brake one another constantly during the whole race.
When anything like this actually does happen nowadays it's usually because it's raining or if not, the exceptional circumstances are raved about for months.
It used to happen every lap way back when drivers made the difference. Now you could put a puppet in there and with the technology around now you could have full control from the pits.
For supposedly the pinnacle of motorsport it actually provides a poor show and is too full of over-paid Prima Donna's.
The way it has gone must have totally convinced a lot of fans that the FIA had "lost the plot" when it started running grooved tyres and not full racing slicks.

For a study in racing as an example, try watching this coming round of World Superbikes which is being held at Monza this weekend.
Guys are passing each other three or four times a lap on a circuit like this.

Moto-GP, V8Supercars, BTCC, WTCC, DTM, all examples of good circuit racing that provide more thrills per minute to the average spectator than F1 could dream of.

Last edited:
No doubt about that,

but it fails to provide us with racing. Where cars overtake, pass & out-brake one another constantly during the whole race.
When anything like this actually does happen nowadays it's usually because it's raining or if not, the exceptional circumstances are raved about for months.
It used to happen every lap way back when drivers made the difference. Now you could put a puppet in there and with the technology around now you could have full control from the pits.
For supposedly the pinnacle of motorsport it actually provides a poor show and is too full of over-paid Prima Donna's.
The way it has gone must have totally convinced a lot of fans that the FIA had "lost the plot" when it started running grooved tyres and not full racing slicks.

For a study in racing as an example, try watching this coming round of World Superbikes which is being held at Monza this weekend.
Guys are passing each other three or four times a lap on a circuit like this.

Moto-GP, V8Supercars, BTCC, WTCC, DTM, all examples of good circuit racing that provide more thrills per minute to the average spectator than F1 could dream of.

I agree totally I love to watch WSBK and Moto Gp your right it's much more fun watching them swap places and sometimes trade paint. It add to the excitement.

being a mechatroniker by trade (love that title!),i find it very interesting watching pitstops/repairs and the general nitty gritty bits of keeping the car racing,some of the crashes the rally and touring cars have wreck the car and within an hr its looking new!! fuel amounts and how many stops ect,all interestin stuff. ohhh yeh and i love on screen rpm/speed/'g'meter ect. cool.