Why do we customise our cars?

timmy

Road Burner
on the brileycoachworks open day the BBC are going to ask why we do custom mods and have modded cars what would you say.

Last edited by a moderator:
its about being a shepard not a sheep,

i like to make the car stand out from others of the same models so it gets noticed and people think "is that some kind of special edition" or something along those lines, i think its about being and idividual with individual tastes, i dont think any two modded cars are the same some are extreme and some are just detailed

Plus is a better hobby than taking drugs or getting extremely drunk and you have something to show for all your hard work saving money

anyone else got anything, find it kind of hard to express on this question :s

I would say something along the lines off, I wanted to create a car which is made from a unique part of my imagination and to be totally unlike any other car ever made!

For me at least it's not so much wanting to stand out and be noticed, in fact it's the complete opposite but almost all cars that come from mass producing factories have no soul or personality, owning a car and spending (a lot of) time (and money) with them gives them that personality they lack and it is a good hobby, everyone should have a hobby

to paraphrase Jay Leno: my missus prefers me smelling like engine oil and grease rather than ladies perfume and stale beer

For me at least it's not so much wanting to stand out and be noticed, in fact it's the complete opposite but almost all cars that come from mass producing factories have no soul or personality, owning a car and spending (a lot of) time (and money) with them gives them that personality they lack and it is a good hobby, everyone should have a hobby

to paraphrase Jay Leno: my missus prefers me smelling like engine oil and grease rather than ladies perfume and stale beer

that what i was trying to say :rolleyes: i find this a hard question to answer :)

A car like a good suit is an extension of the wearer and should ideally be tailor made for the best fit!

Nope - it's something I've always thought. It makes a lot of sense really and sums it up. Mind you I have had about 5 years to think it up!

Dude, I just spent 2-3 hours fixing a leak in my mustang that has been leaking for over a year. I know it's not a mod, but it cost time and money all the same, so it fits imo.

I fixed it.

Only to find a new leak after I started the car. I was miffed, but I couldn't help laughing :p :D Of course! this is my mustang! 26 years old and everything is brittle, weak, and falling apart. But she refuses to die.

I'd still have her over almost any new car because of all the looks I get and the fact that people are always surprised how fast she is. I, like most folks here, modify my cars to reveal the soul that the factory could not. I modify my cars to make them different, to make them mine.

Two reasons.

1 - Girls don't like boy's girls like cars and money!

2 - Because we all have small winkies and need to enlarge them!!!

Just kiddin.

I personally do it so that people think I have a standard car, and when they go to overtake me, I show them who is boss.

I fav trick is wating for a scoobie to go to overtake me, wate untill he is level, then drop into 3rd and blast em away!! (Not that I race or anything!)

I would customize my car in a way that best suits me as a person. It has to be an extension of one's personality. Plus customizing is just plain fun I would think.