Why did You buy your car

Before Ibiza I had driven 4 Golf's with TDI 90 hp engines. I want an TDI again because it is compromise between MPG and power. At that time i was doing about 45000 km per year.
Other cars in same league got only 60 to 75 HP diesel engines in Croatian market. Cupra was not released yet, but she was too expensive for me anyway. The 130 hp TDI's in Ibizas and Fabias where too expensive for me either, altough I paid mine 17500 Euros. Cars in Cro got higher prices 'cause of fact our government need money desperatly. :lol: :lol:
So I bought that new Ibiza. And as far things holds - I will keep her for a long time. It was nice package (for me!) at the begining and now is even better. Within time and planed mods will be even more. Yes, she's geting outdated as years go passing by, but good package is an good package regardless of trends.

mini 1000
golf mk1 1.6 convertible (carburator)
alfa romeu 145 1.4 (worst car i ever had)
golf mk1 gti
golf mk2 1.6 gtd
bmw 1.8is M coupe
audi a4 2.5 tdi v6

and now Renault Grand Scenic 2.0 dci
:D

mini 1000
golf mk1 gti
golf mk2 1.6 gtd
bmw 1.8is M coupe
audi a4 2.5 tdi v6

But why, Pedro? Why? :lol: :lol:

mini 1000
golf mk1 gti
golf mk2 1.6 gtd
bmw 1.8is M coupe
audi a4 2.5 tdi v6

Nice list, but this thread is about why you bought your car, not what cars you've owned

I've have had my MG ZS 180 for nearly 7 years now, prior to that I had a V6 Calibra which was getting a little tired. The ZS came about by pure chance as the wife had taken the keys to the new Picasso so I no longer needed a family car myself. So the ZS was one I liked when it came out but wasn't very practical for three young kids at that time. It has been the most fun car I have owned since my Chevette HS so have vowed to never sell it as it still makes me smile when I drive it!

The Land Rover Discovery was bought as we needed something for the dogs and general everyday stuff, also useful for towing and lugging stuff about.

So the Landy gets used everyday and the MG for when I feel like a child or if doing trackdays (as it is stripped and prepped for fun) ;)

The wife has an MGF, one of 500 made in wedgewood, great car and fun in the summer. One day I'll track it when she isn't looking :amuse:

I bought my stagea to be different and because I like Q cars and.................

cos I have a screw loose (or two )

I have just purchased a primera Sport because I needed a cheap car in a hurry and I liked everything that i'd read about the GT. And i seems to be true, the car has to be the best car i have ever owned for the twisties, it seems to stay so flat and turns in so tight. It's a wreck and after driving newish cars for so long has reminded me what driving is all about, very communicative, reminds me of a 205 I had years ago or dare I say it a Elise i drove on a track day. (I purchased the Primera as a short term vehicle whilst my Mondeo is repaired but I think i'll keep it for much longer...Brilliant)

i bought a celica 1993 convertible because i wanted a good sporty and reliable car thats looks great and is fun to drive but doesnt suck more gas than i suck beer.

i have completly rebuild engine and all underhood components. ALL of them
I love this car and do not regret it. only the rear seat passengers dont really like the space. but they love the wind and the sun on the highway !!

After seeing a mates 306 Xsi have a GTI6 engine conversion then getting it supercharged I had to have a 306. I love the shape, the looks and the handling ( alright mines a diesel, but I'll talk about that now ) I guy I used to work with was selling his sons 306 D turbo for £600, as I used to work 40 mins away diesel seemed a winner over petrol, plus insurence is cheap. But the 1999 5dr models look proper mean... Oh god I love the shape of em! :love:

I'll add my two pence to this... I bought my current car because:

1. I really fancied something rear wheel drive, my last 7 cars have been all wheel drive..
2. It's got a massive V8 in the front
3. It goes like stink & makes a shouty shouty noise
4. It has an automatic gearbox, I'm fed up of a manual gearbox in traffic
5. I've always wanted a Mercedes, ever since I passed my test, and never had one.

:)

Had an r33 and decided to go newer to an r34 with low mileage,plus the mrs had a good wedge of redundancie payout which made it easy!

Had been seriously ill at 50 & thought i would not make it. When i did recover decided to build the fastest car i could, saving stopped & spending began :lol:.
That was 16 years ago & its still being developed to go even faster. Now with 860bhp plus a 200 shot of Nitrous its the fastest of its Marque in the world. Yep !! think ive achieved what i set out to do :D.

Had been seriously ill at 50 & thought i would not make it. When i did recover decided to build the fastest car i could, saving stopped & spending began :lol:.
That was 16 years ago & its still being developed to go even faster. Now with 860bhp plus a 200 shot of Nitrous its the fastest of its Marque in the world. Yep !! think ive achieved what i set out to do :D.

We need a project thread for this!

I have 1998 Suzuki Esteem Wagon. It was a hand me down, but I love it.
* No car payment.
* Great gas mileage.
* Lots of cargo room.
* Very reliable.
I will drive this car until it dies!!! I keep it clean inside and out too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a project thread for this!

Heres a few pics/vid.

Thats 187mph reached about 1/2mile down Bruntingthorpe, you need over 900bhp to do that.

th_bruntersnew.jpg

magpictures053.jpg

COVER.jpg

dynofigures.jpg

kitchen014.jpg

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back