Who should the Police target

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We seem to get annoyed that the police are targetting drivers for minor speeding offences.

In reality they have a tough job to do and without them our roads would be chaos. I have respect for the average traffic policeman who uses his initiative and is reasonable and takes circumstances into account.

Obviously some motorists wind them up or provoke them into being overly harsh and there are always a few jobs worths in every occupation.

SO. Back to the point of the thread.

What offences, drivers or driving habits should the Police target?

I for one would like to see a clampdown on right lane hogging and drivers that drive too close to the car in front. These are 2 things that really wind me up but I don't get the impression that there is much of a deterrant for these.

I think the police do a great job on the whole, you will always get some power crazed or bored copper dishing out fines, section 59's, pulling people for the sake of it but you find these kind of power tripped out people in any job really.

Its kinda hard for me to say what they should be targeting as they cant be everywhere at once.

The main thing that boils my blood when out driving is seeing children without seatbelts on in cars. I think we should beable to take a camera phone pic of them (obviously as a passenger - not whilst driving) and send it to local station and have them done for endangering a childs life.

People driving on my back bumper annoys me but a couple of touches to the brakes and they soon back off (not many people want a tow bar and rear end of a challenger making a dent in their front end lol)

Its kinda hard for me to say what they should be targeting as they cant be everywhere at once.

They should be though. Especially considering the money some of them are on. I don't expect to pay for a service and then not receive it in any walk of life. These Civil Servants are no different.

Useless.

They should be though. Especially considering the money some of them are on. I don't expect to pay for a service and then not receive it in any walk of life. These Civil Servants are no different.

Useless.

Thats ridiculous, how can you expect them to be everywhere, thats like saying there should be a copper on every street incase theres a burglary, outside every pub incase theres a fight, on every inch of road incase someone is speeding, tailgating, running a red, using their phone, etc etc etc etc.

Maybe the people of this country should have more respect for eachother and the law. The police protect us from eachother! if people had more respect then the police wouldnt be under so much strain and maybes you would have your wish granted of them being everywhere.

The police get enough stick as it is without people saying they should be everywhere.

Last edited:
huh i wish they were everywhere we have 2 police from 5pm to cover lockerbie 6 miles south of here, 10 miles north, 7 east and 5 west. unless its the weekend where the get a bit more help from the main HQ another 2.

Target the twats that don't use lights in the rain ! Might have mentioned that before though. :lol::lol:

I'd be more general - those that don't use them in poor visability.

The number of folks I see without lights on is worrying - indeed, whilst at work a couple of weeks ago at night (i.e. dark) I came across a RTC, where one driver said the other was driving without lights.