Who are your driving heroes

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Which drivers or tuners do you hold up as your heroes?

I think Richard Burns, Sebastian Loeb and Senna are my all time heroes. Caroll Shelby also made a good name for himself and recently died so will be missed, he's certainly created a legend of a brand.

For me
Jimmy Clark- Best alround driver
Stirling Moss- Best Sports car driver
Juan Fangio- Best F1 driver

Ken block,richard burns ones that spring to mind probably more but cant think at the moment!!!!,age i suppose!!.

Ken block,richard burns ones that spring to mind probably more but cant think at the moment!!!!,age i suppose!!.

Just my opinion here but block is just a publicity icon not a driving icon!

For me my heroes are Mansel, mcrae, Schumacher/Hill (for me personally this was the best formula 1 got!) and loeb

Tim Birkin
S.C.H "Sammy" Davis
Woolf "Babe" Barnato
Donald Campbell
"Big Daddy" Don Garlits
Henk Vink

and

Sabine Schmitz :)

The Big Daddy Don Garlits ;) :cool: Never ever heard his name mentioned on here before OG. I used to watch him all the time in the old days of World Of Sport with Dickie Davis at the helm. Those dragsters/funny cars were fantastic! I suppose you could say that in some way he was responsible for my quest for power, even when I was a nipper :bigsmile:

Gotta be Caroll Shelby he get my vote

Great car designer and constructor and he did win Le Mans in 1959, but hardly a great driving hero, IMO. However, he would be in my list if the question was great designer and constructor heroes :)

Paul Walker

paul_walker-2493.jpg

There's Loz with a hairdressers car, and MA has a crush on Paul Walker... WHATS GOING ON!? :lol:

I suppose I don't really have a driving hero... But my older bro was pretty badass in his Subaru... Done a few exotics in it! Until he migrated to Australia..