"White Noise" My 2001 DC5 Type-R

My pride and joy. please feel free to comment good or bad. I value all input :) I am in now way a photographer so not the greatest shots, lol. Enjoy :)

GEDC0152.jpg

GEDC0162.jpg

GEDC0167.jpg

GEDC0166.jpg

GEDC0169.jpg

GEDC0170.jpg

GEDC0193.jpg

GEDC0201.jpg

GEDC0204.jpg

Thanks guys :) i look after it better than myself, lol. I clean her every weekend and polish regularly.

Performance wise, just stock mate except a highflow exhaust and a k-100 or k-pro incase i do something later on, but thats all i want. the ride is smooth and handles great stock so no suspension mods for me.

I have a soft spot for DC5s. Best FWD car ever made imo. Championship white would be my choice as well so nice one. I've gotta agree it does need to go lower. If you want to retain the comfort then how about just some lowering springs? A nice subtle drop will make a massive difference to the looks. Something around 30mm. If you're ging for some Volks, how about the CE28s instead of TE37s?

I have a soft spot for DC5s. Best FWD car ever made imo. Championship white would be my choice as well so nice one. I've gotta agree it does need to go lower. If you want to retain the comfort then how about just some lowering springs? A nice subtle drop will make a massive difference to the looks. Something around 30mm. If you're ging for some Volks, how about the CE28s instead of TE37s?

I am trying to keep the car totally legal. Cops in Oz are really cracking down on any cars that even looked modified. There was a report on it a few weeks ago where they took something like 40 cars in for inspection in only a few hours and took a fair few of those off their owners, funny thing is they called a Subaru an Evo, lol. Its ashame becuase there are some true enthusiasts and the iditos are ruining it for everyone else. The lowest our car can be is 100mm from the lowest point of the car with people in the car so i intend to keep it that way but i do want those mods, just dont want the hassle of the cops, lol.

Anyway, i do agree the championship white is a great colour and i will look into the wheels you mentioned :)

I am trying to keep the car totally legal. Cops in Oz are really cracking down on any cars that even looked modified. There was a report on it a few weeks ago where they took something like 40 cars in for inspection in only a few hours and took a fair few of those off their owners, funny thing is they called a Subaru an Evo, lol. Its ashame becuase there are some true enthusiasts and the iditos are ruining it for everyone else. The lowest our car can be is 100mm from the lowest point of the car with people in the car so i intend to keep it that way but i do want those mods, just dont want the hassle of the cops, lol.

Anyway, i do agree the championship white is a great colour and i will look into the wheels you mentioned :)

If you installed coilovers you could wind it down for some fun (or at the track) and then wind it back up again. I would probably get in trouble for being too low if I lived there.

Thanks Andy, i try to take great care of it, it cost me a ton but to be the second owner and the first was a 62yr old man and came with a full service history, too hard to pass up mate :)

Good point Prince, lol. if i do get into track that will be the first thing i do but im mainly a streeter, the closest track to my house is like 3 hours away, lol.

To be fair our modifying laws over here are really relaxed.... as long as everything works a fits properly then it's fine... pretty much how it work here, in ireland they are quite strict.

o_O Wow! Looks stunning. :D

Question: The white bottle at the bottom left of the engine bay that looks like an expansion bottle, has it got Jim Beam written on it & should there be a lid?

GEDC0166.jpg

Very nice, I would love to own one of these one day.

+1
They hold their prices so well here don't they. :D

They Still go for about 15 grand here i got mine for 14 but pay about 19 cause of car interest :( atleast i know mine was taken care off :)

hahaha, yes there is a lid there mate and that is a Jim Beam cover for it.I could go for one right about now, lol.

To be fair our modifying laws over here are really relaxed.... as long as everything works a fits properly then it's fine... pretty much how it work here, in ireland they are quite strict.

To be fair though mate, we get done over with insurance which kinda makes up for it (my car being twice as expensive to insure with mods).

We cant even have a pod filter without it having a fully enclosed box, exhaust has to be under certain decible depending on the car, car cannot be lower than 100mm off the ground at all times including when people are in it, rims can be no bigger than 2 inches from stock without an engineering certificate (pretty sure 2 inches) have to have full licence before turbo and V8 can be driven, pretty much everything needs to have an engineering certificate and they dont always cover it apparently. oz sucks for car laws :(