Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Which was faster Nova 1.3SR or Sierra Cosworth?

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Rally200022, 16 December 2013.

1. Rally200022

Rally200022 New member

England Teignmouth
    Car:
    1935 Austin 7
    In car video from a single venue rally I did 20 odd years ago. A mechanically totaly standard Nova / Corsa A 1300 SR against a group N Sierra Cosworth, who will win? Watch and find out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz65NbY0KEQ

Stuart.

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    We don't normally allow links from new members with under 10 posts but I've let this go for you. I must be in a good mood today.

Nice to hear from you. I hope you stick around and enjoy the forums, your experience and comments will always be welcome in our many and varied topics.

Rally200022 likes this.
  3. Rally200022

Rally200022 New member

England Teignmouth
    Car:
    1935 Austin 7
    Many thanks Waynne.

4. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

Well thats proved that a nova can overtake a cosworth if it completely misses a bend.

5. Rally200022

Rally200022 New member

England Teignmouth
    Car:
    1935 Austin 7
    Well we were hardly going to win a drag race in a standard 1.3 Nova! We actually caught him then harassed him for about 5 miles before he made a big enough mistake for me to be able to get past. Normally in Rallying, if you get caught you let the car that caught you past as they are clearly quicker.

6. Rally200022

Rally200022 New member

England Teignmouth
    Car:
    1935 Austin 7
    You might find this clip amusing. We put tarmac tyres on once I thought the gravel had cleared enough, things were interesting on the remaining patches of deep gravel.

*Removed URL's as per our T&C's*

7. Rally200022

Rally200022 New member

England Teignmouth
    Car:
    1935 Austin 7
    This is how you encourage new members is it? Allow a clip and then remove a second one....... How odd.

I find this quite inexplicable when the video clip is of said new member driving an international spec rally car, this being a motor sport forum. I would have thought finding out a little about said new members level of experience in motor sport and therefore his ability to assist other members who may wish to start competing would be a more productive way forward?

Stuart Palmer

Competitor in Rallying to European championship level, ex National A Circuit racer, now Trials driver.

8. st24

st24 The Torque Meister

uk basingstoke
    Car:
    Insignia cdti 160
    Maybe he is not in such a good mood today.