Which spark plugs are best?

srm238

Wrench Pro
Car
97 honda prelude
i was just wondering what type of new spark plugs i should get i was planning on getting iridium but someone told me that silver is even better? any opinions?

Silver tends to tarnish, Gold is a brilliant conductor. I think your choice is between platinum and iridium although I'm not sure what sort Honda Specify for the Prelude. The only real advantage is the lifespan, power will not change with better plugs.

supposidly the normal denzo plugs are among the finest plugs you can get
i use bosch plugs, they have 4 points instead of 1, i like them alot

well im buying exhaust and headers this week but there is no point in putting them in till summer cause i cant really drive my car too much right now (cause of all the snow)... my sound system is completely done.... i have a true cold air intake... and going to buy some plugs as well... just trying to decide what brands to get...

silver is one of the best conducters you can get (hense the reason top quality audio cables use silver, then gold for the connectors).
gold plugs ? can you get them i would have thought the metal was too soft.

i think im going to get the denzo iridium plugs... they look really good and they will last long... (it says on the website that it will increase power and acceleration) is that true?

really doubt you might only see a hp or 2 over then caused by a hotter spark giving a cleaner burn. you might only noticed a bigger difference if your current ones are in badly worn

i think im going to get the denzo iridium plugs... they look really good and they will last long... (it says on the website that it will increase power and acceleration) is that true?
if their denso, their good, as for the better performance, i doubt it
all they will do is give a better start and make the car tick over smoothly

but then again a smooth ticking engine is a healthy 1
you wont gain hp, but it will be alot responsive, (if you know what i mean)

Yup! Power gains are not something to be had from a spark plug, they either work or they dont. Good plugs will last longer though so you get the 100% performance over a wider period of time.

now if you have a car thats modded such as
ht leads, induction kit, exhaust etc etc
good plugs will be essental, to see differance in all them modds
its why people by iridium, platnum, so that it helps with the modds

Silver are the best I read up on this for a while i have had all kinds of spark plugs but untill i bought some nology hot wires and there spark plugs... the silver is better and sure lasts longer i have had the for two years and they are barley look tarnished to me...... they cost me 50 bucks but its your call slim

Find the copper equivalent of whatever you have and you will get a better burn from the plug. They won't last as long as platinum or iridium but are better for performance on a normal fuel engine.